[Review] The Face Shop Raspberry Roots Depuffing Eye Gel

By Elin Chow - Thursday, April 03, 2014

The Face Shop Raspberry Roots Depuffing Eye Gel, this is another product I actually owned from The Face Shop Raspberry Roots series. Similar to The Face Shop Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask, the eye gel is another product which I neither love or hate.

For a period of time, I actually forgot that I have bought the eye gel together with the sleeping mask. I recently found it lying at the back of my drawers and started using it again.

What The Face Shop says

The Face Shop Raspberry Roots Depuffing Eye Gel helps to de-puff and soothe swollen eyes and at the same time, provides instant cooling and refreshment to the under eyes area.

Let's look at some of the ingredients used in the formulation of the eye gel.

Raspberry Roots from Himalayas are rich in antioxidants which promotes skin lifting and instant hydration that helps to improve tightness and firmness around the eyes area.

Grapefruit is rich in antioxidants and vitamins which provide an array of anti-aging benefits and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps to brighten the skin tone and lighten the dark circles.

Caffeine in skin care? Researches have shown that Cafferine contains anti-inflamatory properties which will help to reduce  eyes puffiness and dark circles that are usually caused by inflammation and poor blood circulation.

Portulaca Oleracea Purslane, also known as wild Portulaca or Pigweed, is a natural source of vitamins A, C and E. It contains a large amount of antioxidant named the co-enzyme Q10, which is effective in fighting premature aging caused by the enviroment and regain the skin's elasticity.

Salvia Officinalis, also know as Sage extract, contains antioxidants that helps to reduce the signs of aging such as wrinkles. The Sage extract is also said to be effective in improving the blood circulation of the skin surface due to its astringent and anti-inflammatory properties.

Chamomile has skin healing properties that helps to reduce skin inflammation and soothe skin problems such as rashes.

Aloe Vera Extract, known to the Egyptians as the "Plant of Immorality" due to its natural healing and hydrating properties. In addition, Aloe Vera Extract is effective in preventing and reducing skin aging, thus resulting in a firmer and youthful looking skin. You might wish to read my review on the Nature Republic Aqua Aloe Soothing Gel  for more information.

What I feel about this product

1. Depuffing

I seldom have swollen or puffy eyes. But when I do, it will mean that I did not have sufficient sleep on the previous night. Usually it goes away really fast if I get to sufficient rest on the next day. However, there are also times when I just could not get enough sleep on that week.

My puffy eyes got out of control, which caused me to feel really frustrated. It was my frustration that eventually got me in purchasing the eye gel.

Just as what The Face shop has claimed, the Raspberry Roots Depuffing Eye Gel helps to de-puff and soothe eyes puffiness. I could see my eyes bags disappearing the next day after application. Although the eye gel is not 100% effective, I am still thankful that it has helped to reduce the size of my ugly eyes bags.

In addition to that, the eye gel also seems to make my eyes looks brighter and refreshing the next morning after every apllication.

2. Absorbs well

The texture of the eye gel is actually very light and watery, thus enabling it to be easily absorbed by the skin. It does not leave a sticky or oily feel after application.

3. Packaging and Price

The Face Shop Raspberry Roots Depuffing Eye Gel comes in a cute white and pinkish tube. The packaging is not only adorable, but also relatively easy to use. Just a small squeeze of the tube is sufficient to disperse an appropriate tiny amount of the eye gel for one application.

The price of this eye gel is still quite reasonable. I remember I purchased this at around SGD 30 from The Face Shop store in Singapore. Considering only a very tiny amount is needed for each application, a tube of this product could last me for almost a year.

4. Smell

No particular fragrance I could tell of. The eye gel does not smell of anything at all.

5. Not effective against dark circles

Perhaps I might have misunderstood and thought that the eye gel might be effective in reducing dark circles. However, that seems not be the case. This product has no effect on dark circles. Afterall, The Face Shop Raspberry Roots Depuffing Eye Gel has never claimed to be effective in reducing dark circles.

6. Anti-aging

I am not sure whether this is effective in reducing wrinkles around eyes corner. It might be able to since the eye gel is formulated ingredients that contains anti-aging properties.

How do I use this product

I follow a fixed skin care routine every night. Firstly, I will wash my face clean with facial cleanser before applying my favorite toner with a cotton pad. The Raspberry Roots Depuffing Eye Gel will follow right after a facial serum. Usually, I will squeeze a tiny bit of the eye gel on my middle finger and gently tap it under my eyes area. The last step of my skin care routine will be applying the moisturizer.

Final thoughts

The Face Shop Raspberry Roots Depuffing Eye Gel is a product which I can do with or do without. Although this eye gel does help in reducing the puffiness under my eye, the result is not impressive enough to convince me to re-purchase this product.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments