[Review] Lay's Fried Crab Flavor 乐事金黄炒蟹味薯片

By Elin Chow - Monday, August 28, 2023


Photo By: Elin Chow

I recently tried Lay's Fried Crab Flavor potato chips released by Lay's China. I bought this from Lazada, but you can also find it on Shopee. Read on to find out what I think about these chips, and you may also want to check out the list of different Lays chips flavors I have tried so far!


INGREDIENTS

Potato, Vegetable Oil, Fried Crab Flavor Seasoning (Maltodextrin, Sugar, Salt Edible Essence, Monosodium Glutamate, Soya Sauce Powder (Soy Sauce, Maltodextrin, Salt), Garlic Powder, Broad Bean Paste Powder (Broad Bean, Maltodextrin, Soy Sauce), Flounder Powder, Yeast Extract, Chili Seasoning (Sugar, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Hydrolysed Soybean Protein, Maltodextrin, Starch, Yeast Extract, Edible Essence, Anticaking Agent (E551), Acidity Regulator, Flavor Agent (E631), Sweetener (E951), Whey Powder, Clam Powder (Maltodextrin, Clam Paste, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Yeast Extract, Flavor Agent (Disodium Succinate, L-Alanine) Flavor Enhancer (E635))

SMELL

Upon opening the bag, a strong fishy (or dried squid) smell mixed with soy sauce and garlic will hit your nose immediately. If you are not a fan of fishy seafood, this might smell like crap to you. 


The softly curved chips were pale yellow in color, with slight scattering of seasoning bits. They were decently thick, but with light, crisp crunch, as there were lots of tiny bubbles embedded inside. 

TASTE

The chips had a strong crab flavor with a little kick of spice. Each bite was fresh, flavorful, and bursting with flavor of the sea. The taste was very similar to real fried crab, but in its chip form. They were savory and delicious with a hint of spice. I can taste the distinct fishy flavor of the crab, the deep umami flavor of the soy sauce, and the heady fragrance of garlic. However, some people might find the chips too salty since fried crab is supposed to be strongly flavored. 

Lay's Fried Crab Flavor is an adventurous and interesting fusion of seafood and snack. It is perfect for crab lovers, and for people who enjoy seafood. However,  people who hate seafood would probably find these chips smell and taste awful. The seafood flavor is pretty intense, and remains overpowering. 

I personally love these chips, but I wouldn't eat them very often because, as I mentioned, they were a bit too salty for my taste buds. You can buy Lay's Fried Crab Flavored chips from Lazada or Shopee

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks or Beverages  page for some other reviews of the snack food or beverages I have tried so far.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Lays made this interesting new product in fried potatoes, with an original taste and savour. I hope It will arrive soon to Spain because It is a very interesting new product.

    ReplyDelete