[Review] Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel

By Elin Chow - Wednesday, December 25, 2013


Photo By: Elin Chow

Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel - I got this product when I visited Korea 2 months back. I must say this is a very good yet affordable product which I really regretted for not getting more.

What Nature Republic Says

- Its made of 92% Aloe Vera from Jeju island.
- Gently soothe sensitive skin caused by harmful environment
- Can be easily absorbed into skin due to its cooling and light texture
- Reduces skin stress, thus creating a healthy skin
- Improves elasticity of the skin

Benefits of Aloe Vera on skin

So what is all the rave about Aloe Vera and why is it widely use as a common ingredients in many of the cosmetic, skin and hair care products today?

Ancient Egyptians called the Aloe Vera plant as the "plant of immortality".

1. Healing properties

Aloe Vera has been widely used for medicinal purposes since the ancient Egyptian times, especially in treating sunburns. Due to its well-known healing and anti- inflammatory properties,  it is often used to relieve pains caused by burns, abrasions, psoriasis, acne, eczema and even bug bites.

In addition, the ability in Aloe Vera to reduce skin inflammations and itchiness also helps the skin to heal more quickly and naturally with minimal scarring.

2. Hydration

Aloe Vera  has an over 99% water content which helps to provide intense hydration without leaving a greasy or sticky feel on your skin. Apart from these, Aloe Vera  also contains an excessive amount of vitamins and antioxidants which are effective in improving the skin's firmness, thus creating a more healthy and youthful looking skin.

In another word, Aloe vera is a natural approach to ageless skin!!!

Benefits of Aloe Vera on hair

However, not only on skin, records has also indicated that the ancient Egyptians used Aloe Vera on their hair as well. This tradition has since been passed down to us due to the following benefits.

1. Hair conditioner

Aloe Vera acts as a very good hair conditioner which helps to moisturize and provide stronger and shiny hair. Researches has shown that Aloe Vera contains enzymes that promotes healthy hair growth. It also helps to reduce redness, itchiness and inflammation on the scalp. Due to its anti-fungal properties, it is also said to aid in reducing the amount of dandruff as well.

What I like About This Product

1. Intense hydration

With this product claiming to be 92% made up of pure natural Aloe Vera, it does provide very intense hydration to my skin. My skin feels very smooth and soft after each application.

I would say this product is suitable for all skin types. However, I will strongly recommend this for people with dry and flaky skin problems as Aloe Vera has traditionally being a popular remedy used to treat these conditions. So for people who suffered from dry skin, you might wish to give this product a try.

2. Texture and smell


The Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel comes as a translucent water-base gel, which can be easily absorbed by my skin. The gel itself feels light and does not leave an oily or sticky feel on my skin after application. I think this is hugely due to its high water base content.

Smell wise, it is very pleasant and fresh. This product has a very strong Aloe Vera smell that is very similar to a fresh Aloe Vera.

3. Packaging and Price


This product is packaged in a green plastic container, containing 300g of Aloe Vera gel at a very affordable price. I have forgotten how much I actually paid for this. However, I am pretty sure that this product does not cost more than Rm 15.  So if anyone of you is looking for a new daily moisturizer, I think it is very worthwhile to give this product a try. I believe the Aloe Aqua Soothing Gel will not disappoint you.

Ways To Use

1. As daily moisturizer

For me, I use this product on every part of my body except my face and hair. The reason being I am actually very particular about what goes on my face and hair. I actually have a range of facial and haircare products I am loyally sticking to everyday. This is why I never use products for my face on my body and likewise the other way round.

2. As hair conditioner

For people who would like to explore, I suggest using this as a hair conditioner. It might bring you an unexpected effect since Aloe Vera has been traditionally used as a hair moisturizer to create shiny and healthier hair.

However, I suggest avoiding the scalp if you have sensitive or oily scalp. I used to apply fresh natural Aloe Vera directly on my scalp a few years back. This is because I was taught by my mum that Aloe Vera is effective in slowing down sebum production on my oily scalp, thus reducing dandruff. I deeply believe that this would be a solution to solve my long-term scalp problems. However, it worsen my scalp condition. My scalp became much more oily than before. Spots of redness started to appear on my scalp which caused me unbearable itchiness even after I washed my hair. Eventually I stopped using Aloe Vera on my scalp. Currently now, I have found another way to treat oily scalp. I will do a post on that much later on.

3. As pain relievers against sunburns

Given the cooling and soothing texture of the Aloe Aqua Soothing Gel, the product itself acts as a very good pain reliever for sunburns. The gel may be a very effective preventive shield against the UV rays as well. However, please note that this will not be sufficient as compared to other sunblock products in the market.

4. After shave for men

For men, you might wish to apply some of the gel after shaving every morning.  Due to its healing and soothing nature, the gel might be able to treat some small cuts and irritations caused by shaving.

What I Dislike About This Product

If I really have to say something bad about this product, it will be the the huge packaging which makes it inconvenient when traveling. Apart from this, there is nothing else that is of a big issue to me.

Available In Many Other Korean Brands

Aloe Aqua Soothing Gel is actually one of the popular product in the recent years, with many other Korean brands launching a similar product. Among them, I believe the most well-known one will be by Nature Republic. I can typically find and purchase the Nature Republic Aloe Aqua soothing gel everywhere I am in Seoul. But do not worry if you could not get Nature Repulic brand products in your country. You could still purchase a similar product from other Korean brands as well.

Although the Aloe Aqua Soothing Gel is easily accessible, I have not been able to restock another container of it since I finished it a month ago. Unlike in Singapore, I find online shopping not as convenient in Malaysia. Its probably because I have little confidence in the postage and shipping companies here. In addition, most of the website I visited do not offer online payment mode (via Debit/Credit card) when I made a purchase. Due to all these reasons, I have switched back to my usual Nivea moisturizer which can be purchased easily at any drugstores and shopping malls.

Be sure to follow me on Facebook or Twitter  for any latest updates on my blog. So stay tuned!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. It's really a great and useful piece of info. I am glad that you
    just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Also visit my web-site :: explainer video company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad that my review has provided you with valuable info. If there is anything that you would love to read on, please tell me. I will try my best.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have shared very precious information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though aloe vera is considered to be the best thing to apply over skin and hair for treating purpose. But it's also acts a good agent or after shave which helps in treating shaving cuts without causing irritation unlike other after shave solutions.
    http://www.foreverlivinghut.com/

    ReplyDelete