[Review] Momo Puri Milk Jelly Mask

By Elin Chow - Sunday, March 13, 2022


Photo By: Elin Chow

Jelly face masks are touted as one of the hottest K-beauty trend in recent years. These masks have a unique wiggly, jelly-like texture that focus predominantly on hydration. They are often effective at moisturizing, soothe stressed-out skin and energize skin for a radiant complexion.  

I only discover this popular skincare phenomenon recently when I chanced upon the Momo Puri Milk Jelly Mask. Momo is "peach" in Japanese. The Momo Puri Milk Jelly Mask is infused with Lactobacillus Paste and Peach Ceramides to provide the skin with intensive, deep and long-lasting hydration and makes skin as plump and firm as peach. 


INGREGIENTS

Water, BG, Glycerin, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose, Enterococcus Faecalis, Glucuronic Acid, Glucose, Squalane, Ascorbyl Tetrahexyldecanoate, Tocopherol, Retinol Palmitate, Panthenol, Sodium hyaluronate, Peanut Oil, Phytosteryl Glucoside / Glucosylceramide Propanediol, Bergamot Fruit Extract, Peach Leaf Extract, Rhamnose, Glycolipid, (Acrylate / Alkyl Acrylate (C10-30)) Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl Isostearate-10, Sodium Oleate, Xanthan Gum, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Triethyl Ester Hexanoin, Polyglyceryl Myristate-10, Polyglyceryl Laurate-5, Hydroxylated K, Hydrogenated Lecithin, EDTA-2Na, Methyl Paraben, Perfume, Cyanocobalamin 

The main ingredients of the Momo Puri Milk Jelly Mask are peach ceramides that are derived from Japan-grown peach and Lactobacillus strain EC-12. 

Lactobacillus Paste - Help to replenish healthy skin and improve skin elasticity

Peach Ceramides - Helps to enhance skin moisture and hydrate

Other than that, it also contains Peach Leaf Extract (from Nagano peaches), Bergamot fruit extract, Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C and E that help to reduce pores while nourishing the skin. However, it contains fragrance, which can be bad for sensitive skin. 


PACKAGING

I bought a box of 4 individually packaged masks for RM 26, which is pretty expensive. The aesthetically pleasing packaging is actually what attracted to buy it. Both the box and sheet masks have the same design. It has blue background on the upper part and pink background on the lower part. A juicy dripping peach is featured in the center of a blue pink background with some Japanese and English words written on top of it. 

SMELL

The first thing that caught my attention when I took the mask out from the package was the sweet and refreshing peach fragrance. It made me fall instantly in love with it because it smelled AMAZING. The scent was actually quite strong, but not overpowering. I find it pretty relaxing and pleasant, which made me want to keep the mask on my face as long as possible. 


The mask is translucent and loaded with a generous amount of rich, concentrated milky gel serum. It is smooth, wiggly and slippery like jelly. Although it feels a bit strange, it is super easy to apply. The mask fits comfortably on my face, and covers my eyes area perfectly.

I love the light and bouncy texture of the mask. It gives a cool sensation to the skin after being under the heat all day. The thick jelly-like mask clings tightly to the skin, which means there is no slipping or sliding off when I walk around. It feels as though it is enveloping the skin in moisture and precious nutrients. 

Despite being loaded with serum, it does not drip and make a mess.  It instantly hydrates my skin, making it soft, firm and plump without leaving any sticky or greasy residue. I have used up all the 4 sheet masks now, and so far, I have not experienced any breakouts. 

HOW TO USE

After washing your face clean and prepping your skin with lotion, apply the sheet mask for 3-5 minutes, or a maximum 10 minutes for extremely dry skin. After removing the mask, it is recommend that you lightly massage excess into the skin with your palms. 

I usually keep it on my face for 10 minutes to maximize the full effects of the sheet mask. After all, these masks are not cheap at all. You could also refrigerate them for an extra refreshing touch. 

THE VERDICT

I find this Momo Puri Milk Jelly Mask pretty fun to play around with, and they feel amazing on the skin. It is suitable for normal/dry skin, especially ideal for dehydrated skin that doesn't react well to heavy products. I absolutely love this mask but I would only use it once in a while because of the price.  Even so, I will still repurchase it again and again because it works well on my skin. 

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check out my Skincare  page for the list of skincare products I have tried. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments