[Review] EverSoft Organic Ginkgo with Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

By Elin Chow - Thursday, December 04, 2014


Photo By: Elin Chow

A basic skin care regimen starts with a good cleanser. It is very important to wash your face with a cleaner twice a day even if you does not wear any makeup. Facial cleanser helps to remove makeup, pollutants, bacteria and any excess oils, dirt and debris from your skin. After washing,  This would keep your pores clean, thus allowing any moisturizing products to penetrate deeper and more efficiently into your skin.

However, finding the right facial cleanser for your skin is no easy task. This is not an exception for someone who has combination skin like me as well.

Since puberty, I have always been bothered by relatively oily skin that is very prone to breakouts. Thus, for the longest time in my life, I have been desperately searching for a perfect cleanser that would keep my face oil and acne-free just for a few hours in a day.


So, I started buying and trying numerous brands of facial wash that are available in the market, particularly those which claimed to be super effective in controlling oil and acne. However, nothing seems to work for my skin until someone introduced me to the EverSoft Organic Ginkgo with Grapefruit Facial Cleanser. Even though I was feeling rather skeptical at that time, I still decided to give this product a try. However, never have I expected that the EverSoft Organic Ginkgo with Grapefruit Facial Cleanser will become my most favorite facial wash of all time.

About EverSoft

Launched in 1985, EverSoft offers a complete range of skin and body care products made with natural ingredients that are safe and gentle for most skin types.

What Does EverSoft Says

Infused with 100% Ginkgo and Grapefruit extract, the EverSoft Organic Ginkgo with Grapefruit Facial Cleanser helps to unclog pores and remove dirt, impurities and excess oil, leaving skin feeling refreshed and clean. Other than that, it is also effective in providing long-lasting oil control without over-drying the skin, thus preventing the growth of acne-causing bacteria.

Formulated with Japanese technology, EverSoft Range of Facial Cleansers and Scrubs are specifically designed for Asian skin, especially for young women aged between 18 to 29 years old.

Ingredients

Ginkgo - Known to be one of the oldest living tree on Earth, the extract from Ginkgo leaves contain high levels of antioxidants that are effective in preventing skin from signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles and loss of elasticity. In addition to its anti-aging benefits, Ginkgo extract is also found to have the ability in protecting skin against UV damages.

Apart from that, Gingko extract have also shown anti-inflammatory properties that may help to reduce the occurrence of acne and other skin problems such as Rosacea and Eczema. Due to its anti-bacterial properties, Gingko extract is said to have the ability in helping to clean and clear most bacteria and debris from the skin, which effectively also reduce the number of breakouts and infections.

Grapefruit - Contains a high amount of Vitamin A and C, minerals and antioxidants which simulate the production of Collagen, thus bringing extra smoothness and elasticity to the skin.

What I Like About This Product

1. Oil & acne control


I could not describe how much I love the clean and refreshed feeling every time after I washed my face with the EverSoft Organic Ginkgo with Grapefruit Facial Cleanser. This product is really efficient in removing excess oil and dirt from my skin and keep off oily shine from my face for as long as 8 hours a day. Since I started using this facial cleanser, I am glad that my skin has become less prone to breakouts. My pores also feels so much cleaner than before. With the EverSoft Organic Ginkgo with Grapefruit Facial Cleanser, I could manage my oily skin now.

2. No dryness & tightness

While it keeps my skin clear and clean, I am glad that this facial cleanser does not strip the natural oils off my skin. My skin does not feel dry or tight after using this product. On the other hand, I was surprised by how smooth and soft my face actually feels after I washed off the facial cleanser with water.

3. Very affordable

I was actually feeling very surprised by the affordability of EverSoft products, especially for an imported Japanese brand. You could easily purchase a 170g tube of EverSoft facial Cleanser at RM 16.90 from most drugstores and supermarkets in Malaysia. It will probably take me about 8 months to finish the entire tube.

If you find that 170g is just a little too big and bulky for you. the EverSoft facial cleanser is available in 50g (RM 6.20) and 100g (RM 11.20) as well.

4. A wide range of choices

It is great that EverSoft has launched a wide range facial cleansers, each targeted to different skin care needs. I was so spoiled for choice and could not decide which one to buy. Initially, I picked out the Avocado one to try and decided that it does not suit my skin very well. I needed something that could help to control the oil without over-drying my skin and for that, I am glad that I have found the EverSoft Organic Ginkgo with Grapefruit Facial Cleanser .


1. EverSoft Organic Avocado Facial Cleanser - Deep Nourishing 

The deep nourishing formula, which is infused with 100% organic Avocado extract, is suitable for people of all skin types. Rich in Phytosterol and Vitamin E, it helps to revive and strengthen skin tissues efficiently and provides hydration and nourishment to the skin.

2. EverSoft Organic Rice Milk & Honey Facial Cleanser - Double Moisturizing

The double moisturizing formula, infused with 100% organic Rice Milk and Honey extracts,is specially designed for people with normal or dry skin. Rich in both essential nutrients and Vitamin B1 & B2, it helps to lock in moisture, prevent dryness and promote smooth and healthy looking skin.

3. EverSoft Tomato & Cucumber Facial Cleanser - Pore Minimising


The pore minimizing formula, infused with 100% organic Tomato and Cucumber extracts, is specially designed for people with normal or oily skin. Rich in amino acids, minerals and Vitamin C, it helps to soften and refine skin. Cucumber extracts efficiently remove excess sebum without over-drying, leaving skin feeling clean and smooth.

4. EverSoft Pomegranate & Mulberry Facial Cleanser - Whitening Action

The whitening action formula, infused with 100% organic Pomegranate and Mulberry extracts, is specially designed for people with dry or combination skin. Enriched with Vitamin C, a powerful anti-oxidant, it helps to renew and lighten dark spots, thus resulting in a more even skin tone.

5. Organic Apricot Facial Scrub - Blackhead Clearing

Infused with 100% Apricot extracts and Jojoba beads , its deep scrubbing action helps to exfoliates the skin deeply, cleaning pores and removing blackheads, impurities, dead skin and excess oil from the skin.

What I Dislike About This Product

I have been using the EverSoft Organic Ginkgo with Grapefruit Facial Cleanser for the past 3 years. I could find absolutely nothing to dislike or complain about this product. I believe I will still continue to use this product as my daily facial cleanser unless I have found something better to replace it.


How Do I Use This Product

Using the EverSoft Organic Ginkgo with Grapefruit Facial Cleanser is just like using any other facial cleanser you will find in the market. Just in case this is the first time you are using a facial cleanser, you may wish to follow the steps listed below.

1. Wet your face with clean water

2. Squeeze an appropriate amount of the facial cleanser onto your palm and lather with some water

3. Message gently onto your face before washing it clean with water

It is important to cleanse your face twice a day (day and night) to keep your skin clean and free from dirt, impurities and excess oil. This is especially so for people with oily skin.

With EverSoft Organic Ginkgo with Grapefruit Facial Cleanser, I am glad that I will no longer be bothered by my super oily and acne-prone skin again.

Be sure to follow me on Facebook or Twitter  for any latest updates on my blog. So stay tuned!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. You still use this now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use any other cleanser?or only this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So if my face have some acne,if i use this will the result be like pimple free? Will the result will be like quite fast or takes time? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe there is no product in the market that I can guarantee you the result. What works for me or the majority might not work for you. If you have combination skin which tends to get oily, you might want to try. I remember years ago when I am bothered by acne problems during puberty, I used to wash my face with salt water every night. My skin improved and I started to try many cleansers in the market. But none of them seem to give me the result until I found this. It takes time. If you never try, you will never know

      Delete
  4. Actually i started using this since last fri, it do help in controlling oil, but the acne there is two big big pimple on my left side after washing it since last fri. Does it means it is getting rid of the dirt?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many factors that cause pimples. It might be due to hormones, air pollution or allergy to the product. I cannot tell you the real reason. But I have pimples from time to time too, especially when the air in Malaysia has been really bad recently. I suggest you give this cleanser some time and see how it goes. It is important that you drink plenty of drink, eat more veggies snd fruits, take care of personal hygiene and have sufficient sleep. These will help to improve your skin condition.

      Delete
  5. Alright glad that we are the same neighbour xD me from sg

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want ask if this product can get rid of pimple scar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I don't think this product can get rid of pimple scar.

      Delete
  7. Does the product can unclog pores really well?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does still face wash unclog pores rlly well?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can this product be use by male 15 years old?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it can be used. In fact, my husband (30 years old) is also using this cleanser.

      Delete
  10. It is work for removing light make up such as bb cream or foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, please note that this is a facial cleanser, not a makeup remover. For removing any makeup, please use a proper makeup remover.

      Delete
  11. Do you use moisturizer or not? Or you just leave it without using moisturizer after u wash your face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a toner and a moisturizer after washing my face.

      Delete
  12. I also used this product until now...but nowadays it changed to Ginkgo & Yuzu...maybe the same as grapefruit?? Hehe....

    ReplyDelete
  13. May i know what brand do u use for your moisturizer and toner? Did u use eversoft skinz or else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am using Hada Labo for my toner (HADA LABO SUPER HYALURONIC ACID MOISTURIZING LOTION) and moisturizer (HADA LABO SUPER HYALURONIC ACID HYDRATING CREAM). I have written separate reviews for the two products on my blog.

      Delete
  14. Nice Product. Very Helpful. I also find a Product same as this and its also very helpful.Please Check This
    http://www.citrusclear.com/control-acne-wash.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, i just wanna ask for advice.Ive a combination skin. Sometimes my skin feels oily and almost every time its too dry. May i know what product should i give a try?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am using the Innisfree Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam now. I find this more efficient in controlling oil than the Eversoft cleansing foam. If you have super dry skin, I do not recommend using this. You might want to try the Innisfree green tea cleansing foam instead.

      Delete
  16. I need Eversoft Organic Facial Cleanser 100g but dont have in Lazada

    ReplyDelete
  17. If the Eversoft with tomato and cucumber able to lighten hyperpigmentation?

    ReplyDelete