[Review] A'pieu Daily Sheet Mask - Green Tea

By Elin Chow - Wednesday, October 20, 2021



Photo By: Elin Chow

This was an impulse purchase. I just happened to chance upon the A'pieu Daily Sheet Mask when I was browsing through some shopping website. The reason for impulse buying was because of the eco-friendly packaging. 

 The A'pieu Daily Sheet Mask comes in two variety - Green Tea and Black Tea. Green Tea (Soothing) is for clean and healthy skin and Black Tea (Hydrating) is for deep hydration. I bought the Green Tea one because green tea helps to control sebum and nourish the skin, which I feel is much more suitable for my oily/combination skin. 


INGREDIENTS

Water, Glycerin , Dipropylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Betaine, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Arginine Carbomer, C12-14 Pareth-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Centella Asiatica Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract l, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract , Propanediol, Butylene glycol, Illicium Verum (Anise), Fruit Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance

The sheet masks contains skin-loving ingredients like green tea extract, tea tree oil, Aloe Vera extract and bamboo extract - all of which are great for acne-prone skin.

Green Tea - High in antioxidants
Tea Tree - Reduce acne and appearance of pores
Aloe Vera - Soothing and moisturizing effects
Bamboo - Purify the skin

However, this mask contains fragrance, which is not such a good ingredient for sensitive skin. I never like having fragrance in skin care products because I think it is a very unnecessary ingredient. 

PACKAGING

The masks comes in the form of face wipes just like the Lululun face masks or Saborino face masks. They are housed in one single plastic tub, containing 33 sheet masks that are meant to be worn everyday.  You can easily pull each sheet mask out of the tub, and apply it straight to your skin, rather than having to remove it from several layers of packaging.

The reason I bought this is because I found the packaging is more environmentally friendly than the individually packaged mask. Being packed together in a single tub means that it will significantly cuts down on the amount of waste that are required to pack individually packaged mask.


However, box is non-air tight, so I am worried that the masks might dry out quickly. It comes with mini tweezers that you can use to pull the mask out to prevent contaminating the rest of the masks with your dirty hands. 

SCENT

The masks have a very mild and pleasing green tea scent. It does not smell artificial and is very soothing and natural. 



The quality of the mask is pretty bad.  The masks are flimsy, thin and paper-like. They does not adhere very well to my face and I always having the feeling that they might fall off easily from my face. It is actually a little disappointing, especially for the price I paid. Although this mask is not very expensive, it is not cheap too. 


Effectiveness wise, I  personally did not experience any ground-breaking results from this mask. First of all, there wasn't very much serum or essence on the sheet mask. That means you don't have to worry about dripping, but the mask dries out quickly in a few minutes. I use it for 5-10 minutes instead of the usual 10-15 minutes as recommended because this mask is actually meant to be used every day. Even if you want to wear it for longer, it is impossible because the mask will dry out completely after 5-10 minutes. If you continue to keep it on your face, you might have end up having moisture sucked out of your face instead.

Secondly, it was not very hydrating at all. In fact, I feel that the masks doesn't do much to my skin, I have tried applying this mask every day, but the result isn't very satisfying. I have to switch to another brand of mask after a few days of continuous usage because my combination skin wasn't getting the sufficient amount of hydration that it needed. As a result, it took me more than a month to finish the whole tub of it. 

I have not experienced any skin irritations from using this. Even so, I don't think that my skin has becomes cleaner and healthier after using this mask. I would probably not repurchase this mask again as I feel that there are many other better options in the market than this. 

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check My Wanderlust page for some of my other travel adventures.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments