[Review] Lay’s Tokyo Yakitori Grilled Chicken Flavor 乐事东京照烧烤鸡串口味

By Elin Chow - Saturday, October 09, 2021


Photo By: Elin Chow

Yakitori is a Japanese type of skewered chicken that is grilled over a charcoal fire. During or after cooking, the meat is typically seasoned tare sauce (sweetened, thickened soy sauce) or salt, so it is either sweet or salty. 

I bought this Lay's Tokyo Yakitori Grilled Chicken Flavored potato chips because of the stunning packaging. This is a product by Lay's Taiwan, and I have both good and bad experiences with the chips from Lay's Taiwan. Read on to find out about what I think about these chips, and also don't forget check out the list of different Lays chips flavors I have tried so far.


INGREDIENTS

Potato, Palm Oil, Sugar, Glucose, Salt, Spices, Maltodextrin, Sodium Citrate, Silicon Dioxide, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Octene Sodium Succinate Starch, Flavoring Agents (5'Inosine Nucleoside Phosphate Disodium, 5'Guanosine Nucleoside Phosphate Disodium), Citric Acid, Sweeteners (Steviolin, Aspartame (Phenylketonurics, Sucralose)


The bright red packaging is extremely eye-catching. On the packaging, there is also a beautiful illustration of Tokyo Mount Fuji and a beautifully plated skewers of chicken. Upon opening the bag, there is a very strong charcoal grilled teriyaki chicken smell, except without the smoke from the grilling.  It smell sweet, so I supposed this is the sweet version of Yakitori rather than the salty version.


The narrow rippled chips are bright yellow color with red brownish seasoning. They are textured like Ruffles and are gently curved. The chips are thick and the texture is not overly light and crispy. Instead, they are more on the crunchy side, so you will have a little bit of chew.

I crunched in to find a savory, tangy and sweet taste. The chips are actually more sweet than salty. I didn't really like it because they are too sweet. It is actually like teriyaki sauce, which I really never enjoy eating. Therefore, I think people who like teriyaki would probably like these chips. 

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks page for some other reviews of the snack food I have tried so far,

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments