[Review] Tony Moly The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream

By Elin Chow - Friday, January 29, 2021











Photo By: Elin Chow

The Tony Moly Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream is a gel-based cream moisturizer that promises to deliver intense hydration. I bought this because green tea has always been one of my favorite ingredient in skin care. When we talked about green tea in K-beauty, I believe many of us will naturally think about Innisfree Green Tea Seed serum, which is also one of my most favorite skin care products. 

Tony Moly The Chok Chok Green Tea line is less well-known, but it is a true gem. The product claims to provide intense moisture without being sticky or heavy on the skin. So I guess it would work pretty well for people who have oily/combination skin and live in a hot and humid countries like me. Furthermore, there are lots of raving reviews online. 

For those who did not know, Chok Chok means "wet" or ''moist'' in Korean, which is used to describe dewy, bouncy and fresh skin. Read on if you would like to find out whether this product actually lives up to its "Chok Chok" name!









Ingredients

Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (63%), Cyclomethicone, Propanediol, Glycerin, Glycereth-26, Pantaerythrityl Teraethylhexanoate, Buthylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate 1,2-Hexanediol, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polysilicone-11, Phytosterly/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid

The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream is formulated with "ChungTaeJeon", a special type of green tea ferment extract that has been naturally fermented over a year in order to obtain the best skin-enhancing benefits. These fermented green tea extract are high in antioxidants that helps to moisturize, brighten and protect the skin from pollution and UV damages. 

Other than fermented green tea, the cream also contains Lemon Seed oil and Rosewood oil. Both of these ingredients, along with green tea, are known for their anti-aging, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. They are intensely moisturizing and helps to soothe redness, treat irritated skin as well as diminish the signs of aging.

The product also claims to form a hydration layer over the skin to retain moisture upon application, leaving it healthy and youthful looking. 

The product is free from alcohol, paraben, fragrance and allergen. Even so, it might not be suitable for people with sensitive skin as it contains Lemon Seed Oil as it might increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun, causing redness and irritation.   

Packaging

The product comes in a cheap green plastic jar with a black screw on cap that is packed in a white and green cardboard box. The packaging is a little bulky but sturdy.  It is available in a couple of sizes - 10 ml, 60ml and 100 ml. 

I bought the standard size (60 ml), which is bigger than most other brands of moisturizers that you will find in the market. The usual standard size that most other brands offer would be 50 ml. It does not come with a spatula for application, so it can be a little unhygienic. But it is not really an issue for me since I always make sure to wash my hands before application. 

Texture

The cream itself is creamy white in color. It looks rich and heavy, so I am really worried that it might break me out or makes my skin oily. However, the consistency of this product surprised me. It is a bit watery and almost gel-like. Well, not too watery to the point it will actually drips, but certainly not as thick as a cream either. The texture is actually silky soft and fluffy! Upon applying onto the skin, the cream will immediately becomes thin and watery. It certainly does not feel heavy on my skin at all. 

Smell

The product has a distinct citrusy green tea scent that many people love, but I do not really like. It is not that I hate smell of green tea. I just find the scent a little too strong. But luckily, the scent will go away almost immediately upon application.

The product is easy to spread and can be absorbed quickly by skin. I love that it is extremely lightweight and does not make my skin sticky after application. However, I noticed that it does leave a greasy shine on the skin. I suppose this is the 'hydration layer' that the product is talking about. But it does not make my skin feels uncomfortable or extremely greasy at all.

I love how soft and supple my skin feels after application and the next day, my skin will look plump with a very nice glow. I could not stop touching my face because it feel so silky soft and smooth!

How To Use

A little goes a long way. I just need a very small amount of it to cover entire face. I use it as a daily night time moisturizer after a toner. But you can use it as a day time moisturizer since it is extremely lightweight. 

Conclusion

All in all, I think this product lives up to its "Chok Chok" name. I have been using this every night for months already and I have never experienced any acne breakouts so far. I would recommend this product to anyone with oily/combination skin, especially those who live in such a hot and humid country like me. However, I think it might not be moisturizing enough for people who live in a dry and cold country or with dry skin. This product is actually more suitable for people with normal to combination and oily skin. 

Despite its larger size, I think the price is still pretty affordable. I bought this for RM 54 from Althea, but you can also find it easily at many other online stores at almost same price. This is definitely a product that is worth trying without breaking the bank.

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check My Wanderlust page for some of my other travel adventures.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments