[Review] Lay's Mexican Chicken Tomato Flavor Potato Chips 乐事墨西哥鸡汁番茄味

By Elin Chow - Tuesday, January 26, 2021


Photo By: Elin Chow


This week, I have tried Lay's Mexican Chicken Tomato Flavor Potato Chips by Lay's China. Mexican Chicken Tomato? I have absolutely no idea how Mexican food taste like. So I cannot tell whether it taste authentic or not. Check out the list of different Lays chips flavors I have tried so far.


Ingredients

Potato, Vegetable oil, Starch, Artificial chicken tomato seasonings (Sugar, Maltodextrin, MSG, Salt, Glucose, Soy sauce), Tomato powder, Onion powder, Yeast extract, Acid hydrolyzed soy protein (contains milk), Vinegar, Garlic powder, Citric acid, Malic acid, Aspartame, Silicon dioxide, Disodium 5'-ribonucleotide


The chips were somewhat wriggly shaped with lots of small bubbles embedded inside. They were bright orange color with lots of browning near the edges. 

The chips were pretty thick but crispy and brittle. It has a tangy ketchup flavor but does not taste much like chicken. The tomato taste is so more prominent than the chicken. It actually taste like a combination of ketchup sauce and savory chicken broth. Or to be exact, it has a tomato broth like taste. It was sweet with a hint of saltiness.

I do not hate this but this is definitely not one of my favorites. I would gladly eat this if someone offered me but I would not repurchase this. 

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks page for some other reviews of the snack food I have tried so far,

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments