[Review} Lay's Potato Chips Lime Flavor 乐事青柠味

By Elin Chow - Sunday, January 03, 2021


Photo By: Elin Chow

I just happened to chance upon Lay's Lime Flavor potato chips while doing some online shopping, so I decided to buy a bag to try as I am curious to know how it taste like. Well, lime flavored potato chips certainly sounds weird, but I am excited to try it out due to the raving reviews online. But unfortunately, this was disappointing and probably one of the worst bag of chips I have tasted. Check out the list of different Lays chips flavors I have tried so far!


The lime flavored chips is a flavor created by Lay's China. I think this is one of the most popular flavor in China. 


As usual, the bag is only 1/3 full, but it did not bother me much because I had a hard time finishing even such a small bag of it. Upon opening the bag, I could smell sweet lime juice. 


The chips were somewhat wiggly shapes with some bubbles embedded inside.  They were strong yellow color and each is sprinkled with a few small green seasoning bits. I am not sure what the green bits were. They were probably lime seasoning powder.

The chips have a light and crispy, but somewhat brittle crunch with a extremely weird and fake lime flavor. The flavor was strong, but not so overpowering. There was a slight hint of sourness, but even so, it does not really taste like lime at all. 

To be honest, I do not like the taste of these lime flavored potato chips at all. I find it rather gross because they leave an oddly sweet aftertaste in the mouth. They taste a little like limeade with a lot of artificial sugar added. It still taste like potato chips, but a weirdly sweet and sour one. 

Seriously, I think this is a failed attempt at replicating the flavor of lime. I definitely did not enjoy eating them at all.

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks page for some other reviews of the snack food I have tried so far,

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments