[Review] Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb

By Elin Chow - Wednesday, December 23, 2020


Photo By: Elin Chow

I recently discovered a skin care brand named "Belif". It seems that the brand has intentionally misspelled its name just to catch the attention of consumers. But I think they are quite successful because at least, the name has managed to arouse my curiosity. 

Initially, I thought that is a American or European skin care brand. But it is actually a Korean skin care brand created by LG Household and Health Care, a subsidiary of the Korean conglomerate LG. Apparently, its brand name 'Belif' is derived from the word 'believe', which is said to represent 'trust' and 'commitment' to deliver the highest quality in 'ingredients', 'formulation', 'safety' and 'benefits'. 

All Belif's products are created based on Napiers' traditional herbal processing methods. Napiers is the oldest medicinal herb clinic in Edinburgh, Scotland, with more 150 years of history and expertise in the field of herbal medicine.


The True Cream - Aqua Bomb is one of its best selling product. This is a water-based gel moisturizer that claims to instantly cools and refreshes skin while providing instant hydration. It 'floods' skin with an intense burst of hydration and minimizes the appearance of pores, leaving it soft, smooth and supple. 

There are two different versions of the True Cream - Aqua Bomb and Moisturizing Bomb.

Aqua Bomb - a gel moisturizer targeted at oily-combination skin
Moisturizing Bomb - a cream moisturizer targeted at normal-dry skin

I bought the Aqua Bomb because I have oily/combination skin. The Aqua Bomb has been clinically proven to increase moisture level by 70% without making your skin greasy.

Ingredients

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Methl Trimethicone, Alcohol Denat, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, 1,2-Hexanediol, Malakite Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Alchemilla Vulgaris Leaf Extract*, Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract*, Stellaria Media (Chickweed) Extract*, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract*, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract*, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract**, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract**, Nepeta Cataria Extract**, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract**, Baptisia Tinctoria Root Extract**, Dimethiconol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Dimethylacrylamide Crosspolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 60, Ceramide 3, Cholesterol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Phenl Trimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Panthenol, Squalane, Triethylhexanoin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, PEG-150, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, C14-22 Alcohols, Arachidyl Glucoside, Hydrogenated Lecithin, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Trisodium EDTA, Fragrance+, Citronellol, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol, Linalool.

The key ingredient is Lady's Mantle (Alchemilla Vulgaris Leaf). Often known as a woman's hydrating herb, it helps to neutralize skin-damaging free radicals, improve skin elasticity and minimize the appearance of pores.

However, it does contains several types of alcohols and fragrances, which makes it not suitable for people with sensitive skin. Other than that, it is free from mineral oils, synthetic fragrances, dyes, preservatives or any animal origins ingredients.


Packaging

The product comes in a sturdy plastic jar with a black screw-on cap that kind of resembles a little top hat. The packaging is simple and light, which makes it extremely travel friendly. It is available in a couple sizes - 10 ml (mini travel size), 50 ml (standard size) and 100 ml (jumbo size). 

I bought the mini travel size because I wanted to try this product out before investing in a full size version, especially when it is pretty expensive. Buying a mini size will ensure that I would not ended up wasting my money on a fancy new product that I would probably dislike. 

For 50 ml and 100 ml, I think it comes with a box. There is a plastic spatula included with the 100 ml as well. 

Texture

The Aqua Bomb has a gel-like, watery consistency that looks cool light blue in the container. However, it applies clear and produces a cooling sensation when it touches my skin. I really enjoy the cooling sensation when I apply it on my skin, especially on hot or humid days. 

Scent 

It has a very strange citrus scent, but I do not really hate it. Even though it is a little strong, it is not off putting and does not linger once the gel is fully absorbed by the skin. 


I was pleasantly surprised by the texture of the Aqua Bomb. The product is extremely lightweight and glides easily across the skin. I love that it can be absorbed quickly without leaving a sticky or greasy after feel on my skin. 

Just like the name says, this is an aqua bomb that provides a burst of hydration for your skin. It is very hydrating, leaving the skin feeling soft, smooth and supple. Other than that, it also leaves a dewy-looking sheen on the skin right after application. But I like how dewy and glowing my skin looks after using this product. 

I have been using this product for about a month now and so far, it has not caused my skin to break out. In fact, I am happy that my skin feels less oiler than before. I think it helps to reduce excess oil production by keeping my skin well-moisturized. However, I find that it does not really help to minimize pores as I have not seen any noticeable results. 

How To Use 

The True Cream Aqua Bomb can be used both day and night. A little goes long way. You will only need a dime size amount to cover your entire face and neck. I use it after a toner after washing my face. You can also use this as a sleeping mask if you want, but I feel that it would be a waste since it is quite expensive. 

Conclusion

I actually like this product a lot as it delivers good hydration without making my skin feels sticky or oily. This makes it just perfect for people with oily/combination skin, who will be extremely pleased with the Aqua Bomb's non greasy and heavy formula. 

Will I recommend this product? Definitely yes to people who do not mind the alcohols in the ingredients list. Of course, it will be good if the alcohols can be removed to make it suitable for people with sensitive skin. 

Will I repurchase this product? Well, maybe. I find the product a little pricey even though it is worth every penny. 

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check out my Skincare  page for the list of skincare products I have tried. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments