[Review] Lay's Potato Chips Hokkaido Salted Cheese Flavor 乐事北海道盐味香浓起司口味

By Elin Chow - Wednesday, December 02, 2020


Photo By: Elin Chow

Recently, I am addicted to finding and trying all the different Lays chips flavors in the world. So I started buying whatever flavors I can find on Shopee Malaysia. I guess I am just trying to make life a bit more interesting in the time of Covid-19 outbreak when I spent most of the year at home. 

Furthermore, there are over 200 different flavors of Lays potato chips in the world and I feel that it is boring to just stick to the few classic ones. Check out the list of different Lays chips flavors I have tried so far!



I have tried the Hokkaido salted cheese flavor from Lays Taiwan recently. Initially I thought this is from Lays Japan because it was made with Hokkaido cheese. But this is actually a flavor created by Lays Taiwan. 


Ingredients

POTATO, PALM OIL, CHEESE, SALT, BUTTERMILK, MALTODEXTRIN, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WHEY, TOMATO POWDER, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, ONION POWDER, CORN OIL, SPICES, GARLIC POWDER, HYDROGEN PHOSPHATE SODIUM, GLUCOSE, SUGAR, SPICE (CUMIN, WHITE PEPPER), CITRIC ACID, CARAMEL COLOR, EDIBLE YELLOW NO.5, FLAVORING AGENT (5' INOSINE DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, 5' GUANOSINE DISODIUM PHOSPHATE), SILICON DIOXIDE






As expected, the bag of chips was also 1/3 full. I was greeted by a smell of cheese when I opened the bag. 


The chips were light yellow in color and lightly coated with bright orange cheese powder. There were some scattered bumps and bubbles, which gave them a very nice light, crisp crunch. I like that they were not too thin or thick with just the right amount of crunch. 

The flavor of the first few chips were somewhat mild. I could hardly taste the cheese or anything. But as you eat a few more of it, the flavor of the chips starts to accumulate. You will start to taste the salted cheese. But the cheese flavor was pretty mild and not overpowering. Some people might feel that they are not cheesy enough. But I love it because it was not too heavy. 

The chips were not greasy or salty as well. As you stopped eating, the cheese flavor will gradually fades in your mouth but the taste of onion and spices will stay a while longer. 

Well, I could say I really like the taste of these chips, but I am not sure whether they are one of my favorite. If you are someone who would like to have some cheese chips but do not want something too heavy, I would recommend you to try these chips out. 

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks page for some other reviews of the snack food I have tried so far,

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments