[Review] Lay's Stax Avocado Potato Chips Sweet Mustard Flavor 乐事无线牛油果薯片清甜芥末味

By Elin Chow - Thursday, December 17, 2020






Photo By: Elin Chow

I have finally managed to get my hands the Lay's Stax Avocado Potato Chips Sweet Mustard Flavor recently. This is actually one of my most favorite flavor from Lay's China. But unfortunately, this is somewhat difficult to buy in Malaysia. I bought this from a online store on Shopee. While reading this, you might also want to check out the list of different Lays chips flavors I have tried so far!

I am a huge fan of Avocado, so when I saw this Avocado chips, I just have to buy it and try. But I am not sure how sweet mustard really taste like and wonder whether it would go well with Avocado. 

Ingredients

POTATO SNOWFLAKES POWDER (POTATO, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDE FATTY ACID, ESTERS, CITRIC ACID), VEGETABLE OIL, PREGELATINED STARCH, MUSTARD AND AVOCADO FRUIT FLAVORING (MALTODEXTRIN, WHITE SUGAR, SALT, MONOSODIUM, GLUTAMATE, MUSTARD SEASONING (MUSTARD SAUCE, MOLTODEXTRIN, SODUIUM STARCH OCTENYL SUCCINATE, FLAVORING), FLAVOR (INCLUDING FISH), SILICA, CITRIC ACID, 5'-TASTE NUCLEOTIDE DISODIUM, ASPEN PASTA (CONTAINING PHENYLALANINE TURMERIC) WHITE SUGAR, FREEZE-DRIED AVOCADO POWDER (AVOCADO PUREE, MALTODEXTRIN), EDIBLE SALT, MONO-AND DIGLYCERIN FATTY ACID, ESTERS, PHOSPHOLIPIDS (INCLUDING SOYBEANS), GARDENIA YELLOW, GARDENIA BLUE





Lay's Stax is somewhat like Pringles. It comes in a cardboard-and-foil tube can with the chips lined up in a pull out plastic tray. The packaging is different from the American version of Lay's Stax, which comes in a specially shaped plastic blue can. But I actually like the packaging of Lay's Stax China more because I can access the chips easily without reaching into the can. 

Some of the chips are broken into little pieces when it arrived. I have already expected that since this is something that is really hard to prevent during the delivery process. But fortunately, there were not too much broken pieces.


The chips were distinctive green in color. They were slightly smaller than Pringles and the American version of Lay's Stax due to the need to fit in that plastic tray. Compared to Pringles, the chips were  thicker and heavier. The surface were also much more rougher and irregular but more crunchy.  

Upon opening the can, I could smell a mix of Wasabi and vinegar. The chips do not smell anything like potato chips at all.

I crunched in and like the taste very much. Surprisingly, Avocado and mustard goes perfectly well together. The chips has a very nice crunch and actually taste more mustard than Avocado. In fact, I could not specifically taste the Avocado or identify the flavor at all. 

The taste was light, refreshing and not overpowering. It was a little spicy with a hint of sweetness and sourness. I like that it was not overly salty or greasy at all. It actually feels like you are eating Wasabi with Sushi. If you are a fan of Wasabi and Sushi, I believe you might like this Avocado chips as well. 

I find the flavor of this chip really interesting and unique. It leaves a very mild spicy aftertaste but not spicy enough for you to grab a glass of water.

Overall, I feel that this is a very underrated flavor because not many people know about it. But I love this avocado sweet mustard chips so much! I can eat my way through the whole can very quickly. They are just so tasty and addictive!

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks page for some other reviews of the snack food I have tried so far,

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments