[Review] Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum

By Elin Chow - Monday, December 17, 2018



Photo By: Elin Chow

Awarded globally as the best moist serum for 19 times, the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum is undoubtedly one of best selling product of Innisfree. I have been using this serum for quite some time and really love it. It is currently my favorite serum and I use it every night before bed. 

The Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum is a moisturizing and nourishing serum formulated with organic green tea and green tea seed from Jeju island. It contains fresh green tea that is rich in amino acids and minerals that deeply hydrates your skin. The green tea seed oil, on the other hand, creates a strong moisture barrier to prevent moisture loss. 



The serum comes in a translucent green pump bottle containing 80 ml of the product. Just like most of Innisfree products, the bottle is made of recyclable material and you can bring the empty bottle back to any any of their store to have it recycled. 


The packaging is rather compact and durable, which is great for travelling. Even better, it comes with a clip that prevent spills and leaks during traveling.

I really love the consistency of the serum. It is very light and watery, which allows it to spread and absorbed by the skin easily. My skin does not feel sticky or oily after application. But most importantly, it does not break me out. 

The smell is amazing. It has a faint sweet green tea smell of fresh green tea - very refreshing and not too overwhelming. Some people might not like the smell but it does not bother me that much.

A pump is enough keep my face and neck area pretty much moisturized. My skin feels incredibly soft and supple after application. Due to its light consistency, it can be used before or after a toner. You can use it right in the morning after washing before you leave for your work or when you go to bed at night. I normally use it after my toner at night after washing, followed by a moisturizer.


Recently, Innisfree has upgraded their formula in 2018 which they claimed to be 3.5 times more hydrating than the older version. I have finished two bottles of the older version one and am now into my third with their 2018 new formula.

The new formula has a slightly different packaging. It comes in a darker green bottle with a black colored pump instead of brown. Other than packaging, the new formula is definitely much more hydrating and keeps my skin moisturized for longer. But on the other hand, it tends to make my face more oily than before. Luckily, it does not break me out. 

The good thing is it keeps my skin moisturized all day long. My skin did not feel dry after sitting under the office aircon for an entire day. This serum is actually suitable for all skin types because it is gentle. 

The price? Innisfree is currently it at RM 103.50. It is slightly expensive, but you can actually buy it at a cheaper price online. Please check out my Carousell store if you are interested to buy.


Be sure to follow me on my Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check My Wanderlust page for some of my other travel adventures.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments