End of 2018!

By Elin Chow - Monday, December 31, 2018


Photo By: Elin Chow

Last day of 2018. What can I say about this year? I guess it is pretty mundate since nothing much happens, which can be a good thing too.

I have not accomplished much this year. It is always hard for me to achieve the resolutions I set for the year. So I decided not to waste time on making resolutions this year and just let nature takes it course.


So, in 2018, my husband and I finally moved into our own little home. To be honest, it is a challenge for us to repay the housing loan every month, but I believe that everything will eventually become better as time goes. The most importantly thing is, we are really happy to finally have a place that we can call our own (well, the house still belongs to the bank, but it will become ours eventually).

We have not been able to travel much this year since we spent quite a huge part of our savings on house renovation. It was a great investment that I will not regret since it is really cozy and comfortable even though it left us so much poorer.


But I am glad that we still managed to travel to Phuket, Langkawi and Singapore this year. We enjoyed the trips very much because what matters the most to us is that we are together.


It was fun to be a 'tourist' back in my home country because this allows me to see Singapore from a different perspective. I really appreciate the cleanliness and safety of Singapore. It is fairly easy to travel around in Singapore due to the well-connected public transportation systems. Well, I did not only realize these today. I only start to appreciate more after living in Malaysia for so many years.

But I do not regret my decision. There are many challenges and uncertainty but my heart is so much happier now. I am happy and thankful for everything I have now even though I would not earn as much as in Singapore. Anyway, we enjoyed spending christmas in Singapore after so many years. The christmas decorations were so beautiful!


In 2018, I finally get to watch JJ Lin live concert in Kuala Lumpur. This was also the first concert I had ever watched in my life. Even though the ticket prices were crazy, but it was worth it afterall.

In 2018, I managed to meet some new people and made some new friends. But at same time, I am surprised to realize how fast people can change. It is sad but I guess this is just part of parcel of life. People change and without any reason, they just become strangers. But I am glad to meet and know friends who are worth cherishing.

In 2018, I also started to go to the gym on a regular basis, mainly because I wanted to lead a more healthy lifestyle. Constant exercise has improved my stamina as well as endurance.


I have a very memorable birthday celebration this year. This year, I received roses from my husband for first time after being together for 7 years. He also brought me to Thirty8, a fine dining restaurant to celebrate my birthday.


So, this is basically my highlights of 2018. Ended my 2018 with a steamboat session at home. I am grateful for every good things that happened this year. Thank you everyone who made me smile in 2018. I wish that 2019 will be a good year for you all too.

Be sure to follow me on Facebook or Instagram for any latest updates on my blog. So stay tuned! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments