[Review] Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner

By Elin Chow - Wednesday, February 10, 2021


Photo By: Elin Chow

Formulated with 10,000 ppm of nature tea tree leaf extract, the Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Tone claims to improve skin conditions in just 30 days.  The toner claims to exfoliate, treat acne, pigmentations, shrink pore sizes and reduce blackheads. 

I was feeling a little skeptical when I learned about this tone because it simply sounded too miraculous to be true. However, as a person who has been deeply bothered by blackheads all the time, I could not help trying it out. Furthermore, I was convinced by all the raving reviews online. Therefore, I bought a bottle of it from Lazada and have been using it ever since till now. 



Ingredients

Water, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Water, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Seed Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Swiftlet Nest Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fructan, Allantoin, Adenosine, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Xylitol, Salicylic Acid, Lactobionic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Benzyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Raspberry Ketone, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil 

For those who do not know, tea tree oil is a natural acne remedy that is often used to treat acne. It helps to soothe inflammation, redness, swelling and prevent and reduce acne scars.

Other than Tea Tree leaf extract, the toner also contains three types of acids, namely AHA, BHA and PHA.

AHA (Citric Acid) - A very gentle exfoliator that helps to remove stubborn dead skin cells and impurities on the surface of the skin

BHA (Salicylic Acid) -  Get rid of impurities and sebum inside pores. It helps to reduce the appearance of pores and acne

PHA (Lactobionic Acid) - Known for its antioxidant properties which helps to reduce moisture loss and fight free radicals

Besides AHA, BHA and PHA, the toner is also formulated with a number of other skin-benefitting ingredients.

Niacinamide - Known to hydrate, soothe and lighten skin, as well as treats wrinkles and acne. 

Papaya fruit extract - A naturally derived AHA that helps to reduce flakiness and blemishes

Lentil seed extract - Known for its moisturizing and antioxidant properties.

Swiftlet Nest Extract - An antioxidant that renews and tighten skin

Witch Hazel - A naturally derived AHA that helps to reduce sebum and dead skin cells and speed up skin renewal

The toner is free from 20 harmful ingredients such as parabens, colorants and mineral oils. In addition to that, the toner has also passed the hypoallergic test. It has a very low PH level, which means that it can be used everyday without irritating the skin, making it suitable for people with sensitive skin. However, I have to mention that it contains a few drop of peppermint oil and thus, can be irritating for sensitive skin.


Packaging

The toner comes in a 150ml transparent green tinted bottle with a black screwed cap, packed in a white green cardboard box. 


Consistency 

The toner is transparent with a very watery consistency. In fact, it is much more watery than most other brands of toners I have used so far. 

Smell

The toner has a very mild medicinal peppermint scent. It is not overpowering and does not linger on the skin. 

The product claimed to be a very gentle exfoliator that can slowly remove dead skin cells and whiteheads and blackheads. My skin definitely looks cleaner and clearer since I started adding this toner to my everyday skincare routine. However, It does not help to remove deep-rooted blackheads. 

I actually expected some drying or stinging to happen because exfoliating products are often known to dry the skin out. But surprisingly, it did not. The toner is surprisingly very gentle. Even though it is not extremely hydrating, it does not irritate or dry the skin out. 

The toner had changed my skin condition significantly. I have started to notice an improvement in my skin texture after using it for just a week. My skin felt so soft and smooth to the touch. It also appeared brighter and more radiant.

I usually do not have acne problems until recently. Due to Covid-19 pandemic, I have started to develop breakouts due to wearing a mask. However, I have not experience a breakout ever since I started using this tone (well, except hormonal). 

I feel that this toner does help to control sebum production. My skin has became less oily since I started using this toner. 

How To Use

I apply the toner with a cotton pad straight after cleansing, followed by a moisturizer. The toner spills  and drips easily due to its watery consistency, so I really recommend applying the product with a cotton pad instead of your hands. Furthermore, a cotton pad can help to grab and remove any excess sebum and impurities sitting on your skin.

Some By Mi has actually recommended to use it twice a day for the best result. But I only use this once at night before going to bed and the result is still surprisingly good. 

Conclusion

Did the Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner lives up to its claims? Definitely yes! I feel that this toner would help to improve the overall health of skin in long term. It is extremely gentle and helps to reduce the occurrence of whiteheads, blackheads and acne. I would recommend this toner to anyone who is struggling with various skin problems, especially acne, whiteheads and blackheads. However, it may be a little drying for people with dry skin. You may reduce the frequency of use if you find it drying. Get this from Lazada!

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check out my Skincare  page for the list of skincare products I have tried. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments