[Review] Tohato Chocobi Chocolate - Crayon Shin Chan's Favorite Snack

By Elin Chow - Sunday, February 21, 2021





Photo By: Elin Chow

Are you a fan of the Japanese Anime, Crayon Shin Chan? If you are, I believe you will be familiar with Shin Chan (or Shinnosuke)'s favorite snack - Tohato Chocobi. 

I have been a huge Crayon Shin Chan fan since young and I grew up watching the anime series even though it is inappropriate for kids. Well, I agree that Shin Chan can be a bad role model for kids due to his weird, indecent and inappropriate behavior. But anyway, I just love the anime series because it is stupidly entertaining.

As I mentioned earlier, Tohato Chocobi is Shin Chan's most favorite snack. This is basically a corn based biscuits released by Tohato and Bandai in 2006. Since its release, it has been immensely popular in Japan. To date, more than 30 different flavors have been released. However, the most classic and common one is chocolate.

I decided to buy one to try because I am always curious how it taste. After all, Shin Chan loves it so much! You can get this from Lazada or Shopee.


Ingredients

Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Corn Grits, Bread Crumbs (Wheat), Margarine, Cocoa Powder, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Caramel Sauce, Salt, Cream (Milk), Fermented Flavored Powder, Lactose (Milk), Cocoa Mass, Milk Powder, Powdered Cream (Milk), Egg Shell Calcium , Caramel Coloring, Flavoring, Emulsifier, Trehalose


Packaging

It comes in a hexagon shaped green box featuring a cute pink dinosaur mascot, which is quite appealing to kids. The green box packaging is almost identical as in the anime series. Inside the box, you will a find a brown plastic bag with Shin Chan pictures containing the biscuits.


Photo By: Japan Store

Other than that, you will also find one of 25 collectable character stickers from the Japanese anime Crayon Shin Chan inside the box that will delight kids.

Taste

Tohato Chocobi is basically a star shaped corn based cereal for children. It is sweet and has a very mild chocolate flavor. I think it taste very much like Nestle Honey Stars, except that it is chocolate flavored. You can either eat it by its own as a snack or like cereal where you mix it with your favorite milk. 

As for the texture, it is crunchy but light and airy. I actually find it a little bit too sweet, but I think kids would love the sweetness. It might be a good energy booster for them. So, satisfy your little ones' between-meal hunger pangs with these cute star-shaped snacks now.

Conclusion

The Tohato Chocobi will give you a chance to being part of Crayon Shin Chan's world. Try Shin Chan favorite's snack in real life now! You can get this from Lazada or Shopee.

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks page for some other reviews of the snack food I have tried so far,

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments