[Puchong, Kuala Lumpur] Foo Hing Dim Sum Restaurant 富兴点心

By Elin Chow - Monday, November 28, 2022


Photo By: Elin Chow

Foo Hing Dim Sum House is one of the best and most famous Dim Sum places in the Puchong area. You will often see a crowd of people waiting outside the restaurant for a table, especially on weekends and public holidays. However, do not be frightened by the long queue outside the restaurant. The waiting time is usually about 20 - 30 minutes after you have taken a queue number.

Foo Hing serves a wide selection of traditional dim sum from steamed and fried dumplings, buns, porridge to desserts. Everything is made in house with traditional recipes, so the freshness and quality can be guaranteed. 


Some of my favorites are Siew Mai (Steamed Pork Dumplings), Wu Kok (Deep Fried Yam Dumplings), shrimp Cheong Fun (Shrimp Rice Noodle Rolls), steamed pork ribs, egg tarts and Portuguese egg tarts.


Portuguese egg tart is one of their signatures. In my opinion, I think this is one of the best Portuguese Egg Tarts I have tasted. The taste comes pretty close to the ones I have eaten in Macau. Both the egg tarts and Portuguese egg tarts have a buttery flaky outer shell with smooth, jelly-like egg custard filling in the middle. They are both delicious, but I love their Portuguese egg tarts more because of their creamy and milky custard flavor that melts in your mouth. 


To be honest, I don't totally love their Cheong Fun. In fact, I just love the shrimp inside the Cheong Fun. Their Cheong Fun was a little too thick, but the shrimp was really fresh and bouncy. 


However, there are also some of the items that I do not recommend - Jian Dui (Fried Sesame Balls) and Char Siu Bao (steamed BBQ pork bun). The Jian Dui was hard and not sweet enough. The Char Siu Bao was simply too salty without much sweetness. Porridge was so-so, nothing to shout about. 

Overall, service was fast and efficient. Food was a little pricey but acceptable. Most of the items we ordered were fresh and delicious. Highly recommended!

Foo Hing Dim Sum
1st Floor, No 31, 33, 35-G
Jalan Puteri 2/6
Bandar Puteri Puchong
47100 Puchong
Selangor
Hours: 7 am - 3 pm 

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check My Wanderlust page for some of my other travel adventures.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments