[Review] Namyang Sparkling Yogurt Drink

By Elin Chow - Monday, March 20, 2023


Photo By: Elin Chow

Namyang sparkling Yogurt is a lightly carbonated yogurt from Korea, I saw this while I was browsing through Lazada and immediately bought it because the packaging is so cute. 

INGREDIENTS

The label on the bottle is in Korean. I have translated the list of ingredients using Google Lens. Therefore, it might not be entirely correct. 

Purified Water, Other Fructose, White Sugar, Skim Milk Powder, Carbon Dioxide, Synthetic Flavor (Yogurt Flavor), Citric Acid, Soybean Polysaccharide (Soybean), Sodium Benzoate (preservative), Yogurt Base, Trisodium Citrate, Mixed Preparation (CMC-NA, Silicon Resin, Emulsifier), Sucralose (Sweetner), Coloring Agent (Food Color Yellow No.4, Food Color Yellow No.5), Heat-Treated Lactic Acid Bacteria (Dead Bacteria)

Please note that this beverage contains soy and milk (allergens).


Despite the cute packaging, the taste of the beverage was disappointing. The level of carbonation is lower than that of soft drinks, which provides a mild, tingling sensation in your mouth. 

However, it was too sweet to my liking. Comparing to Lotte Milkis, it is not as sweet and is lower in calories. Even so, it does not make it a healthier drink (probably healthier than Coke). It contains 27g of sugar, which is a just bit lesser than Milkis (31g of sugar). 

400 ml is too much for me and I have difficulty finishing a bottle of it in one go. If you can't finish it, you have to keep it in the fridge and consume as soon as possible. I think you can use this to make refreshing milk slushies or yogurt soju as well. 

To be honest, I am not actually a big fan of fizzy drinks or yogurt drinks because they usually come with a lot of sugars. I don't like the carbonation as well. For people who like sweet carbonated drinks, I think you might enjoy drinking this. If you are curious how it taste like, you can get this from Lazada.

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks or Beverages  page for some other reviews of the snack food or beverages I have tried so far.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments