Mommom Eyeglass Candy - An Old School Snack I Grew Up With

By Elin Chow - Thursday, May 12, 2022


Photo By: Elin Chow

Besides the Apollo Milk Chocolate Wafer Cream, Mommom Eyeglass Candy (also known as Bangle Chocolate Candy) is another childhood snack I grew up with. Just like the Apollo Milk Chocolate Wafer Cream, I would often find this candy in birthday or Children Day's goodie bag that I received as a kid. Just as its name suggests, the Mommom Eyeglass Candy, or Bangle Chocolate Candy, comes in the shape of eyeglass or a bangle. But for me, eyeglass shaped ones are the more common sight. 

The Eyeglass Candy is a popular snack among the 90s kids because there weren't a lot of choices back then. Furthermore, it used to be super duper cheap. I think it only cost SGD $0.20 each when I was a kid. You have to squeeze each one of them out of their pockets, which would often crush the chocolates if you used too much strength. Well, that was really frustrating. 

Oh, by the way, did you see the holes on the two sides of the packaging? You can actually attach rubber bands to sides of the packaging and wore them over your eyes, pretending to be some superhero. Days were so much simpler back then! 


These multi-colored button-shaped chocolates looks like M&M's and Smarties, but they don't taste anything like either one. They are more like a cheaper alternative to M&M's or Smarties as they taste like cheap chocolates.  The candy has a thin candy shell surrounding a semi-sweet filling. It is not overly sweet, and is pretty crunchy on the outside and soft inside. Well, it certainly does not taste as impressive as I remember, but it brings back a lot of fond memories of my childhood. 

Wondering where you can buy this childhood snack nowadays? You can easily find this on Lazada!

Be sure to follow me on my Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks page for some other reviews of the snack food I have tried so far.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments