[Review] Wall's Viennetta Vanilla Ice Cream

By Elin Chow - Monday, May 30, 2022


Photo By: Elin Chow

Viennetta Vanilla ice cream was first created by Wall's in 1982, and it has been a family favorite since. Apparently it has been discontinued for years, but seriously, I have never eaten this before (or I simply can't  remember it). However, the good news is Wall's has finally decided to bring it back three years ago (Yes, I am slow because I only found out now) due to its popularity. 

I got this from Aeon for RM 24 after discount (original price was RM 27), which is pretty expensive. There are a variety of flavors available, but some of the most common ones are Chocolate, Vanilla and Mint. Vanilla was the first flavor of Viennetta ice cream created by Wall's, which is also my most favorite flavors of ice cream.


The frozen dessert is sold in a cardboard box and packed on a plastic tray. It comes in a big block, like a cake that is meant to be shared with your family and friends. However, I think I might be able to finish it all by myself in one sitting because as you know, one slice is never enough.


The Viennetta is made with multiple, beautiful layers of soft ice cream (depending of the flavor you bought) with crispy, decadent chocolate in between. You would hear a cracking sound when you slice the ice cream into smaller pieces as the chocolate shatters.

The mix of creamy ice cream and layers of crunchy chocolate create the perfect balance of vanilla and chocolate flavors. I am amazed by how light and fluffy the ice cream is. It is so soft that it melts in my mouth immediately. I also love that it is not overly sweet. The sweetness mainly comes from the chocolate in between the ice cream, which also brings each bite a frozen chocolate crunch. 



The Viennetta ice cream is also available in a more convenient and travel-friendly stick form. You can easily buy the stick form in most of the supermarkets and convenience stores in Singapore. However, I am not sure where you can buy this in Malaysia.

Be sure to follow me on my Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks page for some other reviews of the snack food I have tried so far.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments