[Review] Lay's Scallop Butter Garlic Flavor Potato Chips

By Elin Chow - Wednesday, June 08, 2022


Photo By: Elin Chow

I recently chanced upon this Scallop Butter Garlic Flavor Potato Chips by Lay's Thailand while I was doing my grocery shopping. As someone who loves scallops, I have to try this bag of potato chips out. Read on to find out what I think about these chips, and you might also want to check out the list of different Lays chips flavors I have tried so far.


INGREDIENTS

Potatoes, Palm Olein, Cheese Seasoning (Sugar, Whey Powder, Iodized Salt, Maltodextrin, Flavor Enhancer (Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium 5'-Ribonucleotide), Natural Flavor, Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Tomato Powder, Nature-Identical Flavor, Anticaking Agent (Silicon Dioxide), Natural Color (Paprika Oleoresin), Packing Gas (Nitrogen)


The chips smell like buttery garlic scallops. I believe anyone who love garlicky buttery scallops will be delighted by the smell of it. 

The narrow ridged chips are bright yellow color with some browning on the edges. There are some bits of black on the surfaces. which I supposed are onion powder. They are also a bit thicker than typical lay's potato chips and have an excellent crunch.

The chips taste very much grilled scallop with buttered garlic with pretty good potato flavor. It starts off with a salty and scallop taste, but as you eat, the garlic taste starts to come out. But fortunately, the garlic taste isn't very strong, so you don't have to worry about bad breath after eating this. It will end off with a very slight buttery aftertaste.

I like that it is light, not greasy and not overly salty. The unique taste and texture made the chips so addictive that it is a little hard to stop eating them. I would usually get really thirsty after eating potato chips, but these scallop butter garlic flavored chips didn't make my mouth dry. 

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks page for some other reviews of the snack food I have tried so far.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments