[Review] HoneyB - Sparkling Honey Drink

By Elin Chow - Thursday, June 30, 2022



Photo By: Elin Chow

I recently found a new drink called HoneyB while I was out grocery shopping. Well, it is not really "new" since it was launched in Malaysia in 2016. I could not resist the urge to buy it because the packaging is so eye-catching. 

Sparkling honey drink. That sounds interestingly weird, right? Therefore, I am excited to try it out. Furthermore, do you know that honey has a numerous amount of health benefits? Honey is known for its anti-aging and antioxidant properties that can helps to strengthen our immune systems. Besides that, it also helps to improve our blood circulation and digestion. This is why honey is highly regarded as a superfood. I am curious to know how a superfood can be made into a "healthy" carbonated drink.


INGREDIENTS

Carbonated water, 100% natural Australian honey, apple juice, acidity regulator (glucono delta-lactone) and preservative (Sodium Benzoate).

HoneyB is made from 100 % natural Australian honey with carbonated water. It does not contain added sugar, flavoring and coloring. Thus,  it claims to be the "healthier choice" because it is lower in calories and sugar. However, I am a bit skeptical about it since a 250 ml can contains 110 kcal, 27g of sugar and 20 mg of sodium. I believe the sugar comes from the honey itself, but a drink that contains 27g of sugar still doesn't sound healthy to me. 


I originally thought that this is a product of Australia, but it actually turned out to be a product of Malaysia. The drink itself is golden yellow color like apple juice with a mild sweet honey scent. 
 
I really like the idea that HoneyB made this superfood into a convenient ready-to-drink beverage so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of honey, anytime, everywhere. Besides that, it can also be used to create a variety of beverages like mocktails and smoothies. You can refer to some of the recipes on HoneyB's website.


I took a sip and was pleasantly surprised by the taste. I can taste the natural aroma and savory flavor of honey as well as the apple juice that is mixed into it. There is a gentle hint of floral sweetness and crisp carbonation. However, I find it a little too sweet to my liking. 

I would actually recommend consuming it chilled or over ice. If you are a fan of carbonated drinks, I believe this will satisfy your craving for carbonated drinks. The good news is, HoneyB is also certified Halal by JAKIM. This means that Muslims can enjoy this drink as well. 

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks or Beverages  page for some other reviews of the snack food or beverages I have tried so far.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments