Apollo Milk Chocolate Wafer Cream - A Nostalgic Childhood Snack

By Elin Chow - Monday, February 14, 2022


Photo By: Elin Chow

Apollo Milk Chocolate Wafer Cream (also known as Wafer Dengan Krim Coklat in Malay) is one of my favorite snacks that I grew up eating. The popular 80s / 90s chocolate wafer was one of the common sight in birthday or Children Day goodie bags that I received as a kid. Back then, it was literally every kid’s dream snack. 

The snack is almost exitinct now, so it is pretty hard to find. I just happened to chance upon this while scrolling through Shopee and decided to buy it to reminisce the good ol' times.
 

It is usually sold in a pack of 12 and the price is ridiculously cheap. I paid RM 2.20 for a pack, which works out to about 20 cents each. Each of it is wrapped in a red foiled paper, which looks cheap and boring. 


A bite of it instantly transported me back to my childhood. This is basically wafer biscuits coated with a semi sweet chocolate covering. 


The chocolate coating around the wafer tends to melt in the hot weather and smeared easily on the wrapper paper. I remember that I will always lick the chocolate off the wrapper paper because they were so delicious that I didn't want to let them go to waste. It taste like cheap chocolate, but it was not overly sweet. However, for some reason, I still love it. It is probably because I have so many fond memories of eating this snack growing up.  Well, I guess most of the kids would love this because we didn't have a lot of options back then. 

However, the wafer biscuit tends to get tough and soggy very quickly because the wrapper paper isn't air tight. This is also what I really hate most about. Therefore, you have to finish them quickly before they lose their crunchiness. For those who are not a fan of chocolate, there is a vanilla version of it as well. 

Be sure to follow me on my Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks page for some other reviews of the snack food I have tried so far.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments