[Review] Ja Saeng Su Hi Collagen Essence Mask

By Elin Chow - Monday, September 29, 2014

Photo By: Elin Chow

During my trip to Korea last year, I actually brought 250 pieces of facial mask sheets back to Kuala Lumpur. Among the 250 pieces, 60 pieces were from this particular brand, Ja Saeng Su. Although 60 pieces might seems to be a lot, I actually regretted for not purchasing and bringing back more at that time. To be frank, I really have not expected that I will fall in love with products from an unfamiliar brand. In fact, I have only got to know about the brand, Ja Saeng Su when I was in Korea last year too. 

While I was doing some shopping at Myeong-dong area in Korea, a sales girl from a small store introduced me to the Ja Saeng Su Hi Collagen Essence Masks. I did not have any intention to make any purchase at that time as I was always reluctant to try product from an unknown brand out. Well, Ja Saeng Su is probably quite a well-known brand in Korea, but not in Southeast Asia. In fact, I have rarely seen its products being sold in any retail stores in Singapore and Malaysia. 

So, what eventually led me in making a purchase? It was because, at that time, the store which I happened to pass by was having a buy 4 get 1 free promotion for the Ja Saeng Su Hi Collagen Essence Mask! After doing some simple math, I figured out that the promotion was such a great deal and it will not hurt much to try this brand of masks out. Thus, I went ahead and made a purchase which I am glad that I did.

About Ja Saeng Su

Founded only in 2005, its brand name, Ja Saeng Su typically means a beauty born by itself. The brand, established with a motto of creating beauty through natural healing concept offers a wide range of cosmetics and skincare products that are mostly made from natural ingredients such as cucumber, pearl extract, Korean traditional medicines and Aloe. Apart from that, the brand also offers make-up products such as lip gloss, lotions and creams. 

What I Like About The Ja Saeng Su Hi Collagen Essence Masks

1. Packaging

Look at those packaging! I believe a majority of the girls would be attracted to its cuteness. Well, at least this is very true for me. Apart from the promotion which the store was having at that time, I must admit that its adorable packaging was also one of the factor that led to my purchase. I could not resist the temptation to bring some of the Ja Saeng Su masks back home. Even now, the sight of the masks still continue to delight me very much.

2. Price

As for the price, it was ridiculously cheap! I remember I paid 10,000 Won (about RM 31) for 5 packets, containing 10 pieces of Ja Saeng Su masks each. That will make up a total of 60 pieces. So, if you divide RM 31 by 60 pieces, you will realize that the masks will at most only cost you RM 0.50 each! I believe most of you would not be able to say no to such a great deal right?

3. Wide variety of choices

There are a total 16 different types of collagen masks for you to choose from! 16 types, all comes with its own unique features! I believe that the wide variety of masks which Ja Saeng Su has offered will definitely leave most of us spolit for choice. To be frank, I really have some difficulty in deciding which of the 5 should I purchase. But eventually, I still managed to pick out 5 of my favorite ones from the 16. So, below are the ones which I have chosen to buy.

1. Red Ginseng Liquid Hi Collagen Essence Mask

Features:
Formulated with Ginseng extract, the Red Ginseng Liquid Hi Collagen Essence Mask helps to renew your complexion, reduce skin stress and protect your skin from weariness. In addition to that, this mask is also effective in providing and maintaining moisture in your drying skin, thus creating a healthier looking complexion.

What I think:
I must say that I really love Ginseng masks very much because it never fails to bring back the liveliness to my skin. Whenever I felt stress or extreme fatigue for that week, I will always put on this mask on my face. Apart from that, the Red Ginseng Hi Collagen Essence Mask is very moisturizing as well, which often has help to revive my drying and tired skin. 

2. Snail Mucin Hi Collagen Essence Mask

Features:
Containing Snail Mucin extracts, the Snail Mucin Hi Collagen Essence Mask helps to relieve and soothe irritation on your skin. Apart from being effective in helping you to improve various skin problems, this mask also has the ability to provide instant hydration and nourishment to your skin. 

What I think:
Whenever I suffer from a bad skin day, I always find myself reaching out for the Snail Mucin Mask. If I have to choose among the 5 which I have purchased, this mask is undoubtedly my most favorite one. Why is it so? Well, it is simply due to two reasons. Firstly, it is my savior on my bad skin day. Secondly, this mask is also very moisturizing as well. My skin always seems to glow and shine most of the time after I applied this mask on my face.

3. Hi Collagen Peptide Essence Mask

Features:
The Hi Collagen Peptide Essence Mask contains Hydrolyzed Collagen which helps to provide intense moisture and prevents your skin from drying out. Other than Hydrolyzed Collagen, it is also formulated with Peptides, which are actually proteins composed of short and long chains of Amino acids. In cosmetics world, Peptides are not only well-known for its anti-aging properties, but also its ability to regenerate damaged skin, thus creating smooth and healthy skin.

What I think:
Well, I am not sure whether this mask is effective in reducing fine lines and wrinkles on my face. I did feel that my skin get a little bit firmer after I removed this mask from my face. Probably it is effective, but I could not be sure. However, I think it did help to smooth out my uneven and rough skin, making it soft and bouncy.

4. Natural Makgeoli Hi Collagen Essence Mask

Features:
Formulated with fermented Makgeoli extract, the Natural Makgeoli Hi Collagen Essence Mask help to remove toxins and waste and provide nutrition to your skin. 

What I think:
My face usually feels clean from toxins and waste after each application. In addition to that, I feel that this mask is also effective in improving minor skin problems and lock in moisture to my skin as well. 

5. Green Tea Phytoncide Hi Collagen Essence Mask




Features:
The Green Tea Phytoncide Hi Collagen Essence Mask contains green tea extract, which helps to relieve skin stress and keep your skin healthy. 

What I think:
I have long heard about the benefits of green tea and this is why I have chose to buy this mask. I will usually reach out for this mask whenever problems like skin redness or irritation started to bother me. Most of the time, I am glad to say that this mask has indeed helped me to solve my problems and improved the appearance of my skin.

So... these are the 5 which I have bought. If you are interested to learn about the rest of the Ja Saeng Su masks, you may wish to check this website out. 

4. Anti-aging Properties

All of the Ja Saeng Su Hi Collagen Essence Masks are formulated with Rosa Centifolia extract. Extracted from the flowers of the cabbage rose, it is commonly used in many skin enhancement procedures in the cosmetics industry due to its anti-aging properties. 

5. Hydrolyzed Collagen

Apart from Rosa Centifolia extract, all of the Ja Saeng Su masks also contains Hydrolyzed Collagen. Hydrolyzed Collagen is obtained from collagen found in skin, bones and connective tissues of animals through the hydrolysis process.Well known for its anti-aging properties and skin regeneration capabilities, it is popularly used as an ingredient in the cosmetics and skin care industry. 

This is why my skin seems to feel firmer and more elastic every time after I removed the mask from my face. In addition, the Ja Saeng Su masks have significantly helped to improve the texture of my skin as well. I am always pleased with the result which this mask has delivered. 

6. Moisturizing

Furthermore, I can say that every of the Ja Saeng Su Hi Collagen Essence Mask is equally moisturizing as well. My flaking skin always feel so much softer and smoother after each application. 

7. Fit Nicely

I am really pleased that this mask actually fit on perfectly and tightly onto my face without sliding off from time to time. Do you agree that loose mask that does not stick nicely onto your face is really irritating too?

What I Dislike About The Ja Saeng Su Hi Collagen Essence Mask

Unfortunately, Ja Saeng Su masks actually contains a preservative known as Methylparaben. I have mentioned about this ingredient in my review post for the Hazeline Snow Moisturizing Cream earlier on. 

Apart from that, all of the Ja Saeng Su masks also contains Fragrance, which in fact might irritate or cause redness and itchiness to people with sensitive skin. It will be better if Ja Saeng Su could come out with alternative ingredients to replace the Methylparbens and Fragrance in their masks.

How Do I Use This Mask

Using this product is just like using any other sheet masks that are available in your market. 

1. Wash your face clean to remove any dirt and oils with a facial cleanser. For this, I will usually use my EverSoft Ginkgo with Grapefruit Facial Cleanser. If you have time, I would recommend you to go through an exfoliating procedure too before you proceed to put on the mask. This is to get rid of any dead skin cells that are laying on your skin surfaces and open up your pores to allow better absorption. For exfoliation, I will usually reach out for my Cure Natural Aqua Gel. 

2. Pat your face dry with a clean towel.

3. Allow some time for your skin to relax and calm down from the washing. 

4. Before you put on the mask onto your face, it is important to check the product expiry date. Then, apply the mask onto your face. 

5. Wait for at least 30 minutes for your skin to absorb the serum from the mask before you proceed to remove the sheet from your face.

6. Usually, I will massage any excess serum that left on the mask onto my skin to avoid any wastage. Then I will gently pat my face with my fingers to allow better absorption before washing the serum off with clean water. Some of you might prefer not to wash your face after you have removed the mask. You may continue to follow whichever way you prefer.

Final Thoughts

Undeniably, the application of a facial mask always plays an important part in a complete skin care routine. For a good skin care, it is even more vital for you to apply a facial mask everyday. If you are also looking for a brand of facial mask which offers you a wide range of choice at an affordable price, I believe Ja Saeng Su would have no problem fulfilling both of your requirements.

Be sure to follow me on Facebook or Twitter  for any latest updates on my blog. So stay tuned!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments