[Review] Binggrae Samanco Strawberry

By Elin Chow - Wednesday, April 05, 2023


Photo By: Elin Chow

Binggrae Samanco Strawberry is a popular Korean frozen treat consisting of a generous filling of vanilla ice cream and a thin layer of strawberry syrup, wrapped inside a fish shaped wafer shell. The aesthetically-pleasing  fish shaped ice cream is inspired by the Bungeoppang or carp bread, which is a popular Korean fish shaped pastry stuffed with sweetened red bean paste. 

Samanco comes in a variety of flavors like Red Bean, Chocolate, Green Tea and Strawberry. I only managed to get my hands on the Strawberry flavor. 


An ice cream shaped like a fish is just so cute. I believe most kids and even adults would love it very much. 


I originally thought that the wafer shell would be soggy, but thankfully, it wasn't. It was dense, chewy and tasteless. The vanilla ice cream inside was smooth and silky. To be honest, I was worried that it will be filled with strawberry syrup that taste like medicine. But surprisingly, it taste like real strawberry puree. It was sweet and sour, but probably a bit too sweet for me. 

The ice cream is pretty big, which is a little bit too much for me. I felt so full from eating this alone. It would be nice to share this ice cream with someone. 

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks or Beverages  page for some other reviews of the snack food or beverages I have tried so far.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments