[REVIEW] Lay's Sour Cream & Onion Potato Chips

By Elin Chow - Sunday, August 22, 2021



Photo By: Elin Chow

Sour cream and onion is definitely one of my favorite flavor of potato chips (but I know there are actually a lot of people who hate this flavor). It is one of the permanently available flavors of classic Lay's potato chips that you can find at most of the stores around the world. This one I bought is the Thai version of Lay's sour cream and onion potato chips which comes in a blue bag while the American version comes in a green bag. Check out the list of different Lays chips flavors I have tried so far.


INGREDIENTS 

Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Corn and/or Canola Oil), Sour Cream & Onion Seasoning (Skim Milk, Salt, Maltodextrin[Made from Corn], Onion Powder, Whey, Sour Cream[Cultured Cream, Skim Milk], Canola Oil, Parsley, Natural Flavor, Lactose, Sunflower Oil, Citric Acid, Whey Protein Concentrate and Buttermilk). Contains Milk Ingredients


Upon tearing open the bag of chips, I could smell a slight onion aroma. It is not overpowering, and does not smell sour either. 

The chips look exactly like the image on the bag. They are light yellow in color with a few random flecks of green onions and some browning near the edges. 

The chips are light with a good crunch and crisp. Every of it is loaded with the right amount of flavor. I like that it is not too salty or sour. In fact, the onions gave the potato chips a hint of sweetness. Lay's has managed to balance the great onion flavor with the mellowness of sour cream and I can easily go through a bag of this in one sitting. This will always be one of my favorite flavor to eat. 

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks page for some other reviews of the snack food I have tried so far,

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments