[Review] Lay's Potato Chips Korean Spicy Fried Chicken Flavor 乐事韩式辣酱炸鸡口味

By Elin Chow - Thursday, August 26, 2021


Photo By: Elin Chow

Korean fried chicken is known for its perfectly crispy exterior thinly coated in sweet spicy sauce. Being a big fan of Korean fried chicken, I naturally had to try this bag of potato chips by Lay's Taiwan out. Despite having said that, I still have to admit that it was the aesthetic pleasing packaging that prompted me to make the purchase. Look at the deliciously looking Korean spicy fried chicken that are featured on the black packaging. I definitely couldn't resist buying it. Check out the list of different Lays chips flavors I have tried so far.




INGREDIENTS

Potato, Palm Oil, Sugar, MSG, Salt, Spices, Chili, Onion, Lard, Silicon Dioxide. Flavoring Agent (5' - Hypoxanthine Disodium Nucleoside Phosphate, Disodium 5'- Guanosine Nucleoside Phosphate), Tomato Extract, Vinegar, Gold Succinate, Red Pepper Pigment, Citric Acid, Sweetener (Sucralose), Garlic Extract, Cumin Extract, Oregon Extract, Chili Pepper Extract, Onion Extract, Lactose 

Please note that this product contains lard, which made it non-halal for Muslims to consume. 


These chips had gentle curving shape with lots of tiny bubbles embedded in it. They were in bright yellow color and lightly coated with seasoning powder. 

I crunched in to the chips to find a very nicely crisp crunch, with a very strong meat flavor from the very first bite. The flavor was too strong for my liking and also too salty to enjoy. The seasoning didn't taste like the Korean spicy fried chicken sauce at all. I didn't taste any sweetness because the chips were simply too salty, but there was slight spicy kick that tingle your taste buds. The chips were actually not very spicy, but the moderate heat stayed around for an aftertaste.

Will I buy this again? Well, definitely no. The chips were way too salty and I am really not a fan of the strong meat flavor. 

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check my Snacks page for some other reviews of the snack food I have tried so far,

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments