[Review] Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Combination Watery Cream

By Elin Chow - Friday, October 11, 2013

Photo By: Elin Chow

Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Combination Watery Cream - I swear this is one of most favorite night cream of all time. 

I started using this product about a year ago after my faithful night moisturizer ran out. After having tried some of its samples previously, I decided to purchase a full size of this cream. 

What Nature Republic says
The Super Aqua Max Combination Watery Cream is a high performance hydrating cream which infuses extra moisture and refreshment back to skin with an energizing complex of deep sea minerals from maritime plants while extract of Chlorella, seaweed, plankton and water-soluble collagen and Hyaluronic acid help to strengthen skin's ability to defend itself against external aggressors and dehydration. 

Types of Super Aqua Max Watery Cream

There are 3 different version of this cream in the Aqua line, each differentiate by 3 different colors, targeted for 3 different skin types. 

1. Pink color suitable for dry skin type
2. Green color suitable for combination skin type
3. Blue color suitable for oily skin type

Tailored to 3 different skin types
I like that Nature Republic has launched this product in 3 different colors, customized for users with different skin types. This means that this Aqua cream is suitable for everyone! "So... isn't it better for Nature Republic to launch one product that is suitable for all skin types? There are so many such products in the market now" I believe many users would have asked me this question.Well, personally I feel that there is no one such perfect product in this world that will suit every skin type. That is why I seldom purchase products that states "suitable for all skin types" on the packaging. So, as someone who has combination skin, I bought the green bottle.

Texture and Smell
The cream is light weight with a smooth, gel-like consistency. It feels refreshing and cooling on my face upon application. Due to its watery consistency, this cream is easy to spread and quickly absorbed by the skin without leaving a greasy or sticky residue behind. It provides instant hydration to the skin, making it feels smooth and soft. Most importantly, it does not break me out.

The cream has a strong floral scent, which makes it not suitable for sensitive skin. Some people might find the scent too overpowering, but I love it very much. The scent is quite long-lasting as it will linger on my skin for about a few hours before fading away. 

However, the moisturizing effect of this cream is not very lasting, so you would probably need to reapply it after a few hours. Although this cream is not extremely moisturizing, I feel that it still works perfectly well for someone who live in such a hot and humid country like me. For people who live in extremely dry and cold countries, I believe this cream is definitely not enough to keep your skin well-moisturized.

Packaging

The packaging for this product feels expensive. It comes in a green container made of hard plastic glass containing 80 ml of the product. The glass container is durable but too heavy, which makes it not so travel-friendly. 

Price and availability

As for the price, I guess it is still not too expensive. In fact, I feel that it is fairly affordable, considering the amount of the product you will get. It bought this online from GMarket and it costs me around SGD 15 to ship to Singapore. I have also purchased a few containers of this when I visited Seoul last month. The Aqua cream currently retails at 11000 won each in any Nature Republic stores. I believe it will cost a bit more if you choose to purchase this at any of its retail stores you find in your home country.

As for accessibility, I feel that the brand has fewer retail stores compared to other Korean brand stores (eg. The Etudehouse, Innisfree, etc) in Singapore and Malaysia. It is actually easier to purchase their products online than their retail stores here.

Final Thoughts

If you have combination skin types, the Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Combination Watery Cream is perfect for you. I love it because it does not makes my skin feel sticky or greasy. I would recommend this product to those who are on a budget because the price is affordable cheap. For people who are interested to try this product out, it is important for you to choose the one that is tailored to your skin types. 

Be sure to follow me on Facebook or Twitter  for any latest updates on my blog. So stay tuned!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments