[Review] Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream

By Elin Chow - Sunday, November 09, 2014


Photo By: Elin Chow

Skin whitening has long been a trend in Asia, particularly in countries such as India, Korea, Japan and China. As a result, whitening cream has been popular all across Asia where a considerable majority of women desire for a fairer and lighter skin complexion. I am not an exception as well.

I used to rely very much on Hazeline Snow Moisturizing Cream to maintain my fair skin and lighten my dark spots caused by exposure to UV rays from the sun. Unfortunately, Hazeline has recently decided to discontinue and removed all its product from the shelves. Despite having searched for the Hazeline Snow Moisturizing Cream in most of the major drugstores, supermarkets and even online stores, I could no longer find the product being sold anywhere now.

Thus, I am left with no choice and have to look for some other alternative to replace the Hazeline Snow Moisurizing Cream. However, I am glad that I have found the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream, which unexpectedly became my next favorite whitening product of all time. I usually buy this from Lazada and Shopee but you can also buy this product from most of the pharmacies. 

WHAT DOES GARNIER SAYS

Enriched with 3 main active ingredients, the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream promises to deliver fairness to you in just 14 days!

INGREDIENTS

Snowpine C+: A whitening ingredient derived from a powerful molecule that exists naturally in Pine trees. Snowpine C+ is known for its efficiency in removing dullness and fade out dark spots.

Micro-smoothing Agent: A gentle exfoliator that is efficient in minimizing the appearance of pores, thus creating a smooth and soft skin texture.

Pure Lemon Essence: Lemon contains high level of Vitamin C and antioxidants that acts as a great exfoliator and brightener for the skin. It is not only known for its effectiveness in removing dead skins and blackheads, but also in treating sunburn, dark spots and uneven skin complexion.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT

Remove dullness and brighten skin

As what Garnier has promised to deliver, this product has indeed helped to lighten my dark spots and brighten up my skin complexion. This product is also effective in removing dullness of my skin, giving it a natural and healthy glow. I always love how my skin seems to shine radiantly every time after I applied the cream.

Packaging & Price



The Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream is packaged in a yellow glass jar with a white screw cap. The glass jar, although small in size, is quite bulky and might not be travel-friendly.

I find the yellow glass jar packaging cute in its own way. Surprisingly, the glass jar that is used to contain the cream is rather thick, which makes it durable enough to survive most of the fall. Why do I say so? Well, I must admit that I have accidentally dropped the glass jar on the floor on several occasions and not breaking it.

Price wise, I would say that this product is quite affordable. I could easily purchase the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream from most of the major drugstores and supermarkets for less than RM 20. I bought mine recently from Guardian for about RM 16 after a 20% promotion.

Non-greasy

The cream itself is milky white in color with a thick but runny consistency. Despite its thick consistency, the cream can be quickly absorbed by my skin once applied. I have absolutely no problem in blending this cream into my skin without leaving any white residue behind. I am also pleased by the fact that this product actually gives a matte finish and does not leave my skin feeling greasy or sticky after application.

However, just like usual, I did not use the Garnier Light Complete Muliti-Action Whitening Cream on my face. So, I could not guarantee whether this product will also keep my skin oil-free if I am to apply it on my face.

Moisturizing

Other than whitening, the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream is also effective in providing instant moisture to my skin. My skin always feel really soft and smooth after applying the cream. However, the moisturizing effect is not extreme. Afterall, it is more of a whitening than moisturizing cream.

Fade Scars

Furthermore, this product also helps to lighten some of my scratch scars and even out my skin tone, thus creating a more flawless skin!

Smell

Apart from that, its delightful scent is actually one of the thing that makes me love the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream so much. The cream comes with a very strong, pleasant and fragrant Citrus scent which surprisingly, is long-lasting enough to last throughout an entire day. I really love how the wonderful scent lingers to my skin for the whole day after each application. It absolutely has helped to me to fall deeper into sleep at night!

Extra UV Protection

In addition, this product also comes with SPF 20 extra UV protection, which I believe is sufficient to keep your skin safe from damages if you are not exposed to the sun for a long period of time. However, if you are going to stay under the sun for an entire day, this product is definitely not sufficient to keep your skin protected. You will have to look for a sunscreen instead. For that, I would recommend the Banana Boat Sport Sunscreen Lotion.

WHAT I DISLIKE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT

Well, there are nothing in particular that I dislike about the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream, except that it contains ingredients like Fragrance and Methylparaben. I have mentioned about these two ingredients in a few of my previous posts.

HOW TO USE 

As I have mentioned above, I would not use this cream on my face as I usually prefer to stick to my usual facial cream. Instead of using it as a day cream, I will mostly only apply this product on both my arms and thighs areas before I go to bed at night. However, there are also times where I use this product as a day cream as well.

You could also use the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream on your face if you wish to. I would advise you to apply only a sparing amount of the cream if this is the first time you are trying on this product. As for me, I usually rely on the Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask to keep my face fair.

CONCLUSION

To summarize, the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream is just the prefect product for people who desire for a fairer and glowing complexion. Whether you are constantly bothered with dark spots, sun burnt, scars or  uneven skin tone, I believe this cream will not disappoint you.

So, give Garnier a chance. Try this cream and shine confidently with the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream! Get this product from Lazada or Shopee. 

If you happen to be a fan of the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream, you might not want to miss out my review on the Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask too! 

Be sure to follow me on Facebook or Twitter  for any latest updates on my blog. So stay tuned!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Does this product can remove or smaller the acne just like the function of hazeline snow?? Pls reply tq

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this product can remove or smaller the acne just like the function of hazeline snow?? Pls reply tq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never used this product on acne, so I am not sure too.

      Delete
  3. read your review on hazeline snow and garnier. thanks for your honest review. I used to use Hazeline snow for everything. From sunburnt, to mosquito bites, primer before make up, night mask and even on little spots. There are new versions of hazeline snow in Singapore but the formula is not the same. So after your review, I might try out Garnier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi im from phils. so sorry for the bad english

    btw im 16 y.o and i have this problem about redness around my nose. can this product help me ? and what will happen on the next day after i used it ? can i apply and leave it all night ? not to mention i have a pimples to

    pls reply

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi im from phils. so sorry for the bad english

    btw im 16 y.o and i have this problem about redness around my nose. can this product help me ? and what will happen on the next day after i used it ? can i apply and leave it all night ? not to mention i have a pimples to

    pls reply

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. REALLY NICE MOISTURIZER . AND ITS WORK VERY WELL. I AM USE THIS PRODUCT LAST 8 YEARS. ITS BEST PRODUCTS FOR MY OILY SKEEN.. THANKS A LOT GARNIER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bro how i use this cream means can i used this cream at night or day

      Delete
  8. Hi I am a user of this product. When i was in high school,It was like there was no space for incoming acne on y face, since i have plenty already. My friend introduce this product to me, i was doubtful at first because i dont use kind of cosmetics stuff like this. But you know what guys, My face is now flawless and brightened. This is awsome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tried several creams for my face until I found garnier ...and for me its perfect....my darkspots and blemishes were gone...i stick to it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does this product can remove dark circle under eys.plz reply fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I don't think so. You might want to give it a try

      Delete
  11. Does this product bleach the skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, no, it does not bleach the skin. It just lighten your skin tone.

      Delete
  12. Please how can I get the product

    ReplyDelete