[Review] Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Black Head Out Balm

By Elin Chow - Sunday, November 06, 2016

Photo: Elin Chow

When oil and dirt build up in your pores, blackheads appear, which can be extremely unsightly. However, trying to force the blackheads out can easily damage the pores and scar the skin, which is definitely something  I do not want. Thus, I have been searching for a blackhead skincare removal product that is effective at removing blackheads without damaging the skin.

I chanced upon the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Black Head Out Balm while I was doing some shopping online and decided to purchase it since it was fairly inexpensive.

What Innisfree Says

The Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Black Head Out Balm claims to melt and dissolve the blackheads without using the extraction method. Containing Jeju Volcanic Cluster sourced from Halla Mountain on Jeju Island, the balm absorbs sebum and impurities inside clogged pores and clears your skin while keeping it moisturized.

Packaging

The Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Black Head Out Balm comes in a little brown plastic tub containing 30 g of the product. Once you twist the cap open and you will see a film on top. Under the film is an opaque white hardened balm.


The packaging is compact, which makes it great for travelling. I can simply toss it into my bag without having to worry about spillage. However, the packaging is a little unhygienic as there is no spatula provided for application, so I have to stick my dirty fingers into the balm then onto my face.

Texture

The Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Black Head Out Balm is very easy to use. Simply swirl your fingers around the product and apply it to the area you want to treat. The solid balm form melts beautifully into an oil texture once you message it onto your skin.

The balm has a light consistency that becomes oily once it warms up against your skin. It is easy to apply and spread across the skin very well. You should experience a slight warm feeling while you are rubbing the balm onto your skin.

However, it takes a lot of time and effort to message the balm in order for it to dissolve the white heads and black heads on my skin. I would definitely prefer something easier and quicker than this product.

Greasy

I actually find the balm a little too greasy for my liking and I was worried that its greasiness might break my skin out badly. But luckily, it did not. Usually, I will cleanse my skin thoroughly with a facial cleaner after using the balm to avoid clogged pores.


The balm is very gentle and does not irritate my skin. But I did notice some minor redness on my cheeks area the next day after using the balm.

Smell

This product has a very waxy smell which I find a little too strong and overwhelming for my liking. Well, I believe some people might like the smell while others might not. It totally depends on your personal preference.

Price

The Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Black Head Out Balm is unbelievably cheap. I bought this on Hermo.my for only RM 15! Furthermore, a little of the product goes a long way. Only a pea-sized amount of the product is needed every time. I believe a tub of the balm is probably going to last me for more than half a year. So the low price makes it a great value.

Blackheads Removal

Unfortunately, this product will not give you immediate result. Do not expect miracle to happen overnight, or else you will be disappointed. I actually find the results a little underwhelming and unnoticeable after using it for 2 months. The balm is not very effective in removing blackheads, especially those deep-rooted and stubborn ones.



After rubbing my nose and cheeks continuously for several minutes, I started to see little white clumps coming off my skin. The balm effectively 'melt' and wash away some of the visibly extruding blackheads and whiteheads on my nose and cheeks areas. It does help to improve the appearance of blackheads, making it less visible. But probably I have to use it more frequently for a longer period of time in order to see a significant result.

The balm is highly moisturizing and does not dry my skin out even though it controls oil. My skin always feels smoother and cleaner after use.

How To Use

Apply onto the areas where blackheads is concentrated (eg.nose) before cleansing. Gently message the balm around your skin and let it sit for 5 - 10 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm and cleansing foam. But I actually recommend leaving it on longer for maximum effect. I usually use it once a week, but probably. I would need to increase the frequency for better results.

Final Thoughts

Will I repurchase the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Black Head Out Balm again? Probably yes, probably no. This is definitely not a must-have for me. Even though it is amazingly cheap, I find the results a little disappointing. I would not recommend this product to anyone who expect to see results quickly. But it could be a great choice for people with a low budget.

Be sure to follow me on Facebook or Twitter  for any latest updates on my blog. So stay tuned!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. these look so awesome!omg! :) i wish i could try it all XD


    you have such an awesome blog, I'm following! I'd love if you could visit my blog and perhaps follow me too =) I would love that!
    have an awesome weekend!
    TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

    ReplyDelete