[Review] The Face Shop Arsainte Eco-Therapy Extreme Moisture Essential Cream

By Elin Chow - Thursday, February 20, 2014



Phew~ Finally I get to finish this post. I have been in a writer's block recently where I just find it difficult to continue my unfinished post. It's not that I have no idea what to write. Rather, it's because I simply could not put my words into sentences. But anyway, I have managed to finish this post now. I am sorry if this is a little bit shorter as compared to my previous product reviews.

So... In this post, I am going to review on The Face Shop Arsainte Eco-Therapy Extreme Moisture Essential Cream. This was once my most faithful and favorite night moisturizer of all time before I decided to replace it with Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Cream. For those who have never heard about the Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Cream, you may wish to take a look at my review on this product here.

What does The Face Shop says

The Face Shop Arsainte Eco-Therapy Extreme Moisture Cream helps to strength your skin and increases the skin's ability to hold moisture. This is because It is made from 100% Bamboo extract instead of water. Bamboo Extract contains 9 kinds of essential amino acids and glucose, magnesium and other kinds of minerals which are effective in hydration and providing nutrition for the skin.

 "7 Free Formula", which means this product is free from 7 harsh chemicals - parabens, synthetic pigments, alcohol, benzophenone, animal ingredients, mineral oil and triethanolamine.

In addition, this product is also made up of 85.1% Natural Origin Ingredients. I am not sure what this really means, so I actually looked up in Google. I suppose Natural Origin Ingredients refer to botanical, minerial or marine ingredients obtained through approved chemical processes. These ingredients will not cause harm to the environment or the human's health.

Benefit of Bamboo Extract on skin

Bamboo Extract can be obtained from the leaves and stalks of  the Bamboo plant. It is a rich source of Silica, which are effective in improving and keeping our hair and skin healthy. This is because Silica contains a large amount of minerals such as Calcium, Potassium and Magnesium which helps to improve skin health. In addition, due to its anti-oxidants properties, Silica actually also helps to slow down skin aging and achieve youthful looking skin naturally.

What I think about this product

1. Intense hydration

The Face shop Arsaint Eco Therapy Extreme Moisture line is an ECOCERT certified skincare line co-developed with France AMI group targeted at consumers especially with sensitive dry skin.

As what The Face Shop has promised, this product works as a very good moisturizer for me. The cream not only helps to hydrate my drying skin instantly, it also makes my skin looks brighter and well replenished.

The cream itself is not watery but can be easily absorbed by my skin. Apart from providing intense hydration, my skin also feels much more softer and smoother after consistent application.

However, I am not sure whether this product helps to slow down skin aging due to its 100% Bamboo Extract formulation. I am too young to actually see the effect. But it did helps to create a healthy looking skin for me.

2. Packaging and smell

The packaging is simple. Nothing too fancy or attractive. The product is packed in a small glass-like pot, containing 50ML of the cream. Personally I have always feel the packaging to be a little bit too heavy actually. But luckily, the packaging is still quite durable despite being heavy.

As for the smell, it varies for individuals. Some users love it and some just hate it. I dislike it to a certain extent as well but it doesn't really matter to me as the smell is not too overpowering.

3. Greasy but lightweight

For people who have combination or oily skin like me, I feel this product to be quite oily after application. However, it does not feel heavy on my face. There are a few instances where I have experienced some break ups the next day after applying the cream for the previous night. But I do not think the greasiness of the cream was the main cause to my pimples.  In fact, I thought the greasiness of the cream is what keeps my skin well moisturized.

But the good thing is the cream does not feel sticky on my skin at all even when it is greasy. If not, I think I would have stopped using it long ago.

4. Price

The price is rather affordable but not cheap. However, it is not expensive too considering that a pot of it would have last me more than half a year. I don't really remember how much I got this. I think I paid around SGD25 - 30 on Gmarket to have it shipped from Korea. It will cost much more expensive if you choose to purchase this from The Face Shop retail stores in Singapore.

How do I use this

Basically, I use this product as my night moisturizer. I would apply the cream after my toner before I go to bed. However, I wouldn't use this product every night. Rather, I will switch this between my Nature Republic Super Aqua Max cream every 2-3 days to prevent extra oil from building up on my face.

Although, this is not my favourite face moisturizing cream of all time due to its greasiness, it is my saviour whenever I have dry skin days. So for people who has dry skin, you might want to give this product a try.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments