A Mini Taobao Haul - June 2018

By Elin Chow - Sunday, July 22, 2018


Photo By: Elin Chow

My recent taobao loots finally arrived yesterday! The package weighed about 8 kg and is shipped via sea shipping, which took almost 3 weeks to arrive in Malaysia. My husband has been asking me when the package will arrive because most of the items in it actually belong to him. He bought mainly clothes because it was cheaper to buy on Taobao than local retail stores. To be honest, I have never bought any clothes on Taobao because I was skeptical about the product quality. But surprisingly, the quality surpassed our expectation!

As for me, I did not buy a lot stuffs this time round because I have used up my shopping budget for this month. I did buy a few clothings as well and still got a cart full of Taobao loots waiting for me to checkout. But I decided to wait for the Double 11 sales to make the purchase since I do not need the items urgently.

Soy Milk Maker

Price: 165 RMBRM 102.60 + RM 13.33 (Shipping)
Link: Soy Milk Maker

This is probably the most expensive purchase I have made on Taobao so far. I have been wanting to get a soy milk maker for a long time as I would like to make my own soy milk instead of buying them. Homemade soy milk is definitely much more healthier since I can control the ingredients that goes into the milk. Of course, I can make my own soy milk by blending the soy beans in a blender and cook it on a stove, but I find the process really messy and time consuming. So I hope that this machine will help me to save some time.



The machine is actually bigger that what I expected and comes with 6 different functions like grains milk, porridge, soup and juice. There are many brands of soy milk maker available in the market. The one I got is from a brand called "Joyoung".


With a 1.2 litre capacity, the machine makes a good amount of milk and perfect for a small family. I have not try the machine yet. If anyone is interested in a review post, please let me know.

Pyjamas

Price: 56 RMBRM 34.82 + RM  1.38 (Shipping)
Link: Pyjamas 

I got myself a new set of pyjamas but honestly, I am not really satisfied with the quality. The fabric wrinkle easily and is a little thin.

High Waisted Denim Shorts

Price: 58 RMBRM 36.06 + RM 3.72 (shipping) for 2 pieces
Link: High Waisted Denim Shorts
RM 40 for 2 pieces. Wow, that was really cheap! The denim shorts are sold in a pair, so you have to buy two at a time. I was worried that it would not fit me because I always heard that the clothes sold on Taobao are slightly smaller in size than the ones sold in local retail store.


This high waisted pair is sewn at the hem with holes. The quality is decent and there are two types to choose from - with or without holes. Both are available in 4 different colors - light blue, dark blue, black and white. I bought this in light and blue blue with holes. I love my denim shorts with holes

measurement provided by the seller is very accurate and the shorts fit me nicely.
But I do not really like the color of the light blue shorts

Shirt

Price: 69 RMBRM 42.90 + RM 2.82 (Shipping)
Link: Shirt 

I was worried that this might be to big for my husband but I am glad that it fits him perfectly. The shirt is nicely packed in a box and wrapped in a plastic. The fabric of the shirt is a little thick but the material is pretty good.

Long Pants

Price: 89 RMB | RM 55.34 + RM 3.78 (Shipping) for 2 pieces
Link: Long Pants

RM 60 only for two pieces of Khaki long pants. This was so cheap! I bought this for my husband because he wanted to get some new pants. I actually read through tons of reviews before buying this because I am worried about the quality. But luckily, the quality of the pants turned out to be really good. It looks great and fit my husband nicely.


The pants comes in 6 different colors - Blue, Black Dark Grey, Khaki, Greenish-Blue and Maroon. I bought two pieces in grey and blue because it was cheaper to buy two than a single piece. A single piece will cost 69 RMB whereas it was only 89 RMB for two. The pants looks exactly like the picture and measurements are accurate.

Jogger Pants
Price: 69 RMB | RM 42.90 + RM 2.10 (Shipping)
Link: Casual Long Pants

I also bought a slightly more casual style Jogger pants for my husband. The quality of this is not as good as the other two that I bought.


The fabric is thinner than the previous ones but the material is slightly stretchy with half elastic waistband.

Leggings

Price: 41 RMB | RM 25.49 + RM 1.32 (Shipping)
Link: Leggings

I bought this specially for my Japan trip next year. It is pretty thick and suitable for the spring and autumn season. But I am not sure how warm this leggings is.

Be sure to follow me on Facebook or Twitter  for any latest updates on my blog. So stay tuned! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments