Saturday, March 22, 2014

[Review] Ammeltz Yoko Yoko


Are you constantly being bothered by muscle or arthritis pain? If you are, Ammeltz Yoko Yoko might be able to help you ease some of your pains!

What is Ammeltz Yoko Yoko?

Ammeltz Yoko Yoko is a pharmaceutical product developed by Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, Japan. This product basically contains antiphlogistic and analgestic liquid that is effective in providing fast relief for muscular pains, stiffness, sprains and even bruises. For people who did not kmow, antiphlogistic refers to the anti-inflammatory property in the chemical that helps to reduce or pprevent inflammation. Analgestic, on the hand, means painkiller which is used primarily to relieve extreme pain.

Ingredients


Ammeltz Yoko Yoko is formulated by three main ingredients - Methyl Silicylate, Menthol and Camphor.

Methyl Silicylate is an organic ester naturally produced by the Wintergreens plants. It is commonly used as a ingredient in rubefacient plasterd, creams and sprays to treat muscle and joints pains.

Menthol is an organic compound extracted from cornmint, peppermint or other mint oils. It is used as an active ingredient in many rubefacient plasters, creams and sprays for the relief of muscle cramps, sprains, headaches or other similar conditions.

Camphor is extracted in the wood of Camphor Laruel, a tree largely found in Asia. Similar to Menthol, it is commonly used as a drug to treat sprains, swellings and inflammation. It can be easily absorbed once applied on skin and produce a cooling sensation.

Ammeltz Yoko Yoko for me 

Actually, I surprised myself again when the idea of writing a review for Ammeltz Yoko Yoko popped up in my mind. Similar to the Hazeline Snow Moisturizing Cream, the Ammeltz Yoko Yoko has probably been around since our grandparents' generations. As a child, I would always find a bottle of this laying in a corner in my house. At that time, I remember I will often watch in fascination as my dad applied and massaged Yoko Yoko onto his shoulders' and back areas.

"Daddy, what are you applying from the weird little bended bottle with a blue sponge?" I would innocently ask him this question then. " It is my best painkiller. This will make all my pains disappear instantly," he would always smile and reply me this.
So, you might have wondered why am I using Yoko Yoko even at the age of 23. It is because I have been constantly bothered by both knees and shoulders' pains since many years ago. I have not suffered any injuries in these two areas. But I have started to experience pains when I was 15 even when I did not do anything strenuous on that day. The pains started out to be minor initially. However, it got worst in the recent two years which started to affect my daily life greatly. I find myself could not concentrate on anything, feeling easily annoyed by everything. There are times where I simply could not fall asleep at night due to the continuous aching I felt in my knees and lower back areas. I could not sit or stand for a very long period of time and if I would have to, I would feel extremely tired or giddy. There are also times where the aches frequently turned into cramps.

Yes, I admit I have the body of an old woman. I guess this is the fact of city life. It is usually fatigue that have caused me such body pains. The long travelling time to work, all the rushing and the stress to live in a city has placed a heavy load on my body. I have been advised to do some exercises during my free time. But it does not help much. I tried massaging and stretching up my body, but nothing works. Eventually, I broke down due to the fatigue I felt over my body until my husband suggested me to try Yoko Yoko.

Yoko Yoko. I could not remember what Yoko Yoko was. I just thought it sounds familiar. Just like Hazeline Snow Moisturizing cream, Yoko Yoko has been forgotten by many people. So, I decided to write this review as to do Yoko Yoko some justice and also to share this with people who might be experiencing the same problem as me.

Is Ammeltz Yoko Yoko effective? 

I would say yes. Ammeltz Yoko Yoko works great for me so far although it will not 100% ease your pain.

Smell

Similar to most rubeficant plasters or creams, this product comes with a very strong medicinal and alcohol smell. But this is not an issue for me as I always love the smell of medicinal oil. For people who dislike such smell, you may wish to purchase the one with less smell which comes with a different formulation. But I guess the effect is the same.

Feeling

The liquid feels very cooling at the moment it touches your skin which will be followed by a burning sensation after a few seconds of application. The burning sensation is not very strong but is enough to numb your pains instantly and relief any muscle stiffness caused mainly by fatigue. The best thing is the burning effect does not easily disappear and would probably lasts for a few hours. I would say Yoko Yoko is particularly effective in providing fast relief for my shoulders' pains and stiffness that is usually caused by my prolonged use of computer. It is also effective in helping to relax my muscle after every cramp and bring most of my fatigue away.

Packaging and Price


The design of the Yoko Yoko's bottle still fascinate me even till today. Yoko Yoko comes in a bending neck shape bottle with a blue rubber sponge at its opening. This unique bottle design allows easy application of the liquid to every part of the body. The blue rubber sponge also helps to prevent too much of the liquid from dispersing at one go.

Yoko Yoko is priced at a rather cheap price, considering it is a Japan product. You could easily get one in Watsons or Guardian or any major supermarket outlets at around SGD 6++ or RM 12++. A 82ml bottle of Yoko Yoko could last me for almost a year.

Other uses

Apart from relieving muscle or artristis pains and stiffness, some users have said that it have other uses as well

For runners

Apply a sparing amount of Yoko Yoko on your ankles and knees before you go for a marathon or short run. It will help to prevent or reduce inflammation resulted from the run.

For people with headaches and bruises

Some users have commented that Yoko Yoko helps to ease their headaches and bruises as it has the ability to improve blood circulation.

I believe I have come to the end of my review. For people who are frequently bothered by muscle or joints pains but have never tried Yoko Yoko, this might able to provide you with temporary relief.

Be sure to follow me on Facebook or Twitter  for any latest updates on my blog. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment