[Review] Ammeltz Yoko Yoko

By Elin Chow - Saturday, March 22, 2014


Photo By: Elin Chow

Are you constantly being bothered by muscle or arthritis pain? If you are, Ammeltz Yoko Yoko might be able to help you ease some of your pains!

About Ammeltz Yoko Yoko

Ammeltz Yoko Yoko is a pharmaceutical product developed by Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, Japan. This product basically contains antiphlogistic and analgesic liquid that is effective in providing fast relief for muscular pains, stiffness, sprains and even bruises.

Antiphlogistic refers to the anti-inflammatory property in the chemical that helps to reduce or prevent inflammation. Analgesic, on the hand, means painkiller which is used primarily to relieve extreme pain.

The Ingredients

Ammeltz Yoko Yoko is formulated by three main ingredients - Methyl Salicylate, Menthol and Camphor.

Methyl Salicylate is an organic ester naturally produced by the Wintergreens plants. It is commonly used as a ingredient in rubefacient plasters, creams and sprays to treat muscle and joints pains.

Menthol is an organic compound extracted from cornmint, peppermint or other mint oils. It is used as an active ingredient in many rubefacient plasters, creams and sprays for the relief of muscle cramps, sprains, headaches or other similar conditions.

Camphor is extracted in the wood of Camphor Laruel, a tree largely found in Asia. Similar to Menthol, it is commonly used as a drug to treat sprains, swellings and inflammation. It can be easily absorbed once applied on skin and produce a cooling sensation.

Ammeltz Yoko Yoko For Me

Actually, I surprised myself again when the idea of writing a review for Ammeltz Yoko Yoko popped up in my mind. Similar to the Hazeline Snow Moisturizing Cream, the Ammeltz Yoko Yoko has probably been around since our grandparents' generations. As a child, I would always find a bottle of this laying in a corner in my house. At that time, I remember I will often watch in fascination as my dad applied and massaged Yoko Yoko onto his shoulders' and back areas.

"Daddy, what are you applying from this weird little bended bottle with a blue sponge?" I would innocently ask him this question then. " This is my best painkiller. It will make my muscles pains disappear instantly," he would always smile and reply me this.

So, you might have wondered why am I using Yoko Yoko even at the age of 23. It is because I have been constantly bothered by both shoulders, lower back and hip pains for many years even though I have not suffered any injuries in these areas. I have started to experience the pains when I was 15.

The pains started out to be quite mild initially. However, it has got worse in the recent two years, which has started to affect my daily life. There are times when I could not fall asleep at night due to the continuous aching I felt in my shoulders and lower back areas.

Having a 9-5 desk job does not help too. Sitting at my desk in front of the computer all day has left me with stiff neck, aching shoulders and lower backache. I have been advised to do some simple stretching while working, but unfortunately, it does not help to relieve my pains much.

Then I decided to try Yoko Yoko one day when I saw a bottle of it at home. To be honest, I have already forgotten this product since my dad stopped using it.

Is Ammeltz Yoko Yoko effective? 

I would say yes. The product provides quick penetration and fast relieve of my neck and shoulders stiffness and lower backache.

Packaging and Price

The design of the Yoko Yoko's bottle still fascinate me even till today. It comes in a bending neck shape bottle with a blue rubber sponge at its opening, containing 82ml of the product. Its unique bottle design allows easy application of the liquid to every affected part of the body, even on the back and hip. The blue rubber sponge also helps to prevent too much of the liquid from dispersing at one go.

Yoko Yoko is priced at a rather cheap price, considering it is a Japan product. You can easily get a bottle of it at any major supermarket, pharmacy outlets or Lazada at around SGD 6++ or RM 12++. A 82ml bottle of Yoko Yoko could last me for almost a year.

Smell

Similar to most rubefacient plasters or creams, this product comes with a very strong medicinal and alcohol smell. But this is not an issue for me as I always love the smell of medicinal oil. For people who dislike or are sensitive such smell, you may want purchase the New Ammeltz Yoko Yoko instead. The New Ammeltz Yoko Yoko contains a new formulation and has a milder smell than the original.

Cooling Sensation

The liquid gives a cooling sensation the moment it touches your skin, which will be followed by a burning sensation after a few seconds of application. The burning sensation is not very strong but is enough to numb your pains instantly and relief any muscle stiffness caused mainly by fatigue. The burning effect does not disappear easily and would usually lasts for a few hours.

I love that the product is not sticky and is effective in providing fast relief for my shoulders' pains and stiffness. It has also helped to relax my muscle after every cramp and bring some of my fatigue away.

Other uses

Apart from relieving muscle or arthritis pains and stiffness, some users have said that it have other uses as well.

For runners

Apply a sparing amount of Yoko Yoko on your ankles and knees before you go for a marathon or short run. It will help to prevent or reduce inflammation resulted from the run.

For people with headaches and bruises

Some users have also commented that Yoko Yoko helps to ease their headaches and bruises as it has the ability to improve blood circulation.

Caution

Please note that this is strictly for external use only. Do not apply around the eyes, nostrils, skin with eczema or rash and wounds. This product is not suitable for infants below 2 years old. I would not recommend using this product on young children or teenagers too.

For people who are frequently bothered by muscle pains, I would really recommend you to try Yoko Yoko. This might be able to provide you with some temporary relief.

Be sure to follow me on my  Facebook | Twitter  | Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check My Wanderlust page for some of my other travel adventures.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I keep yokoyoko conveniently by my bed as I have night cramps. I must apply it immediately when the cramp starts. There is immediate relief and it won't turn into a severe pain.

    ReplyDelete